Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hatfield rooftops

Hatfield

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Favourite quotes

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 21:39 on 4th December 2008
ROFL at Craig!!! Laughing
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Anna Kuznetsova
Anna Kuznetsova
quotePosted at 16:25 on 5th December 2008
On 4th December 2008 17:06, lorraine morrison wrote:

Bob Hope gems

Thanks for the memories...

ON TURNING 70
"You still chase women, but only downhill."

ON TURNING 80
"That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing."

ON TURNING 90
"You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."

ON TURNING 100
"I don't feel old. In fact, I don't feel anything until noon. Then, it's time for my nap."

ON GOLF

"Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees."

ON PRESIDENTS

"I have performed for twelve Presidents and entertained only six."

ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER

"When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, 'Congratulations! You have an eight-pound ham.'"

ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY POVERTY

"Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother."

ON HIS SIX BROTHERS

"That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom."

ON HIS EARLY FAILURES

"I wouldn't have had anything to eat if it hadn't been for the stuff the audience threw at me."

ON GOING TO HEAVEN
"I've done charity shows for ALL religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality."

Lorraine LOL!!!!! It' so funny!!! Laughing
Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 18:17 on 5th December 2008

I so enjoyed the old type of comedians, the humor wasn't about "others" as they kept it to "themselves", about the "life"in general, and people whom had been there, an knew about it, could laugh at some of the things they had been through in growing up also. I can remember the "I love Lucy" show when she started making this loaf of bread that kept growing an growing clear out of her kitchen one time and laughed, or even Tim Allen's sit-com where he was showing the latest inventions and closed his whole kitchen to reveal the whole thing being sprayed down with water in an whirling direction of an sprinkler, while hsi partner was slammed up against the see through dorrs like he was in an dishwasher, and then whom can forget Benny Hill...Red Skelton, Tim Conway, Carol Burnette, Steve Allen, Johnny Carson...to name but an very few of the great ones through the years, whom made us weep with joy from laughing and we forgot our troubles if but for an moment. People in my parents generation gave us "hope" ..Art Linkletter, the TV host whom was an orpan showed other like "kids" that you could grow up and be respectable and famous in the world, and John Wayne showed people that being big and tough meant to use it for truth and justice, and these were the days when you could be President if you set your mind to it, no matter what the family finanical status was. they through themselves...inspired others to "become" their best, whatever  "talent"  they  may posess at the time. The more you had, the more you shared also.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 01:31 on 7th December 2008

This has always been one of my favorites:

Night's candles are burnt out and jocund day stands tiptoe on the misty mountaintops.

William Shakespeare from Romeo and Juliet

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 00:44 on 10th December 2008

What Christmas is all about every day!  

"The message of this season that is applicable throughout the year lies not in the receiving of earthly presents and treasures but in the forsaking of selfishness and greed and in going forward, seeking and enjoying the gifts of the Spirit, which Paul said are 'love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

--James E. Faust

Mick Covell
Mick Covell
quotePosted at 02:01 on 10th December 2008
The earth has grown old with its burden of care,
But at Christmas it always is young.
~Phillips Brooks
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 01:59 on 17th December 2008
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.

Theodore Isaac Rubin
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 02:06 on 17th December 2008

I got this in the mail this week along with a picture of a bunch of very cute puppies.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 04:57 on 17th December 2008
On 4th December 2008 15:48, Anna Kuznetsova wrote:
On 3rd December 2008 19:20, Shirley K. Lawson wrote:
 I'll have to rember that one..heres one for  you.."Two minds with but with an single thought,....two hearts that beat as one!"

Shirley, i like it very much! Who said it?

Where I got it from didn't say, just has an whole bunch of sayings to the page. I liked the sound of the wordage though...have never forgotten it.

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 05:10 on 17th December 2008
On 10th December 2008 00:44, Catherine England Schleunes wrote:

What Christmas is all about every day!  

"The message of this season that is applicable throughout the year lies not in the receiving of earthly presents and treasures but in the forsaking of selfishness and greed and in going forward, seeking and enjoying the gifts of the Spirit, which Paul said are 'love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

--James E. Faust

I usualy get an "angel" book at Christmas to read and an romance book at Valentine's Day to read, well, I picked up an book with an angel on it called "The Messenger's" by Julie Ingram, and it's completely different now that I'm into it, it speaks of "angels" encouraging one "Nick Burnick" whom lives in an area of Portland called Lake Oswego, an sucessful international businessman, to author an book...well, it turns out that he's really the apostle "paul",,and this Julie is an past life regressionist, and so she takes him back to his asocation with Jesus unto his death. I'm about finished with it, to me, I wonder if he was "Paul" or not, as this has an lot of "new age" type thinking to it...and knowing the bible, it would be easy to supply the dialouge perhaps.  It couldn't come at an more perfect time, day two and day two the schools have been closed, with another storm coming into tomarrow to perhaps get us out of this cold snap...but first they are saying we have to have 3 to 5 inches of snow and an little freezing rain perhaps. I know...read on, by the time it's over with, the book will have been read.