Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Bartholomews Church, Orford

Orford

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

North Western Railway - Standedge tunnel ventilation shaft.

Marsden

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Just saw Neil Diamond

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 08:11 on 16th May 2008

Got to brag here. Yesterday a friend (yes Ron, on of the many I have) took me up to Shepherd's Bush to the Jonathan Ross show (never heard of the man, but was forewarned for good reason) because he was interviewing the Osmond's, and one of his other guests was Neil Diamond. Of course the Osmond's were wonderful, but WOW! Neil Diamond performed and I wanted to run out and buy tickets to one of his concerts. What a performer! He sang one of his new songs, then sang Sweet Caroline, then Jonathan Ross asked if he would sing Love on the Rocks, so he did, coming out into the audience (I was on the front row of course). He stood right in front of me at one point, and he put such emotion into the performance. I was very impressed to say the least.

Right, that's my update. I'm off to Wales (Hey-on-Wye, so hopefully any pictures I take can be submitted as it's on the border with England). Probably no computer access for a few days.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 09:56 on 16th May 2008
Well done Sue, it must have been a fantastic experience! We'll look out for you on the Jonny Ross show next week Smile Have a great time in Wales
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:22 on 16th May 2008
So next week you will be able to say 'Just saw Ron Brind'. Name dropper!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 21:34 on 16th May 2008

Neil Diamond? Is he still alive? LOL! Laughing Acutally, I like old Neil quite a bit and have several of his songs from iTunes.

The Osmonds!!!  I think Marie is lovely, and I had a huge crush on Donny when I was 9 years old. LOL!

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 21:57 on 16th May 2008
On 16th May 2008 21:34, Diana Sinclair wrote:

Neil Diamond? Is he still alive? LOL! Laughing 

Lol Diana Laughing 

Actually I too like many of his songs Smile

L
L
quotePosted at 22:34 on 16th May 2008
WOW Neil Diamond in the flesh! I like him too, dead or alive lol the Osmond's were ok, but my era is the 60's and I loved the Walker Brothers...I even got to see them in the town where I used to live in 1966....made my day that did lol
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 09:36 on 17th May 2008

Oh he is very much alive, and not that old, maybe Ron's age :)

I like his music, not enough to go to a concert, well until I saw him live, and he was so good I know you'd get your moneys worth.

I've heard the the it never shows the audience on the Jonathan Ross show, so we have to wait and see. If it does show me, I have to confess now that it won't be very flattering, as when I had my picture taken with Jonathan Ross, I looked like I was about 80.

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 09:33 on 18th May 2008

I certainly would have enjoyed seeing him having enjoyed many of his songs for over 40 years now ( I started young!) and my own request list would have to include -Solitary Man; Forever In Blue Jeans, Cherry Cherry, Cracklin' Rosie, Kentucky Woman for starters.

Hardly surprising one of The Monkees biggest hits--I'm A Believer---was written by him.

I wonder how many of today's recording artists will still be touring in 40+ years time and still wowing the crowds?

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 13:46 on 18th May 2008
Well he will be on the Jonathan Ross show this coming Friday if you want to see him interviewed and singing. I don't know which of the three songs they will show him performing, but I hope one of them is Love on the Rocks, as he did such a wonderful job (and I might get my mug on the TV screen to boot).
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:57 on 18th May 2008

Paul, what some great titles you mentioned there eh?

As for Sue H, well I have just checked our tv insurance cover and it seems we are not covered for cracks in the screen!! Glad you enjoyed it Sue!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >