Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

South Harting, Sussex

South Harting

in the county of West Sussex

River Avon

Christchurch

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hobbies?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 07:46 on 14th April 2008
On 13th April 2008 14:17, Peter Evans wrote:

Jen ans Maria, I found some photo's on here that you may like to look at. Posted by Stephen. They are at "Flag Fen bronze age centre, Wittlesea, Cambridge".

Peter

I'd already found them...thanks Peter Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ana
Ana
quotePosted at 10:30 on 14th April 2008

On 12th April 2008 20:15, Ron Brind wrote:
....And what about the lovely cats, I think all fox traps should have one! Dogs? Well they eat dogs in the Far East don't they, can't beat a bit of Labrador, Chow or unwanted Greyhound can you?....

Ron ... I think I never will submit to you my dog!!! Lol

MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 11:29 on 14th April 2008

Len, and any other expert who might be interested :), I'd been searching through the photos on PBase and , among many others, I noticed this Gil Azouri .  My photography level is really low being that an interest that I've developed only recently (still working on better excuses :), but his photos definitely caught my eyes.  What do you think about him ?   

Something else that puzzles me whenever I go through someone's album on the Internet is : where should I draw the line as far as the usage of photo editing tools??  What's regarded as acceptable and what is not?

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:05 on 14th April 2008
On 14th April 2008 11:29, Maria Grazia D'Aquino wrote:

Len, and any other expert who might be interested :), I'd been searching through the photos on PBase and , among many others, I noticed this Gil Azouri .  My photography level is really low being that an interest that I've developed only recently (you think about him ?   still working on better excuses :), but his photos definitely caught my eyes.  What do Something else that puzzles me whenever I go through someone's album on the Internet is : where should I draw the line as far as the usage of photo editing tools??  What's regarded as acceptable and what is not?

That one will open a can of worms Maria. Personaly, I will reframe and and adjust the conrast. If there is a bit of rubbish in the frame, I sometimes clone it out. All digital photo's can benefit from a little sharpening due mainly to the nature of digital capture. I dont like the trend to add things that are not there to begin with.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:08 on 14th April 2008

Oh, I will also try to straiten horizons and converging verticals in buildins.

Everybody has different ideas on this one, and I will probably be told that I am wrong too.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:04 on 14th April 2008
On 11th April 2008 21:47, Maria Grazia D'Aquino wrote:

lol@Diana Smile

With so many  wildlife  lovers on here perhaps I can find the answer to my  6 million $ question :  How can I get squirrels to eat from my hand?? .  I didn't even think it would be possible till I saw some pictures from other amateurs on the Internet and  they were literally climbing up their arms or standing on the ground and eating from their palms . I've tried so many times in the park where I use to go jogging, armed with plenty of nuts and patience but there's no way for me to get any closer than a meter before watching them disappearing like little ghosts  :( .

Maria,

When I lived in San Diego, there were picnic tables on the beach where I used to go for lunch.  In fact so many people went there that the squirrels used to come right up to us, tap us on the legs with their little paws and then "beg" for food.  Of course EVERYBODY fed them (LOL) so they became quite accustomed to taking food out of our hands.

We have a similar situation at the Salem Willow Park near my house.  If fact it's a joke that if you don't give them food when they "ask" for it, they'll beat you up. LOL!

Len Philpot
Len Philpot
quotePosted at 13:04 on 14th April 2008

I don't really look at it in terms of what's acceptable, but rather what's appropriate for an individual image. I've done both - From just a simple touch up of sharpening and color tweak, to pretty drastic "non-realistic" distortions of the image. In my opinion, one is no more or less valid than the other as long as it "fits the needs of the image". Usually with inherently realistic subject matter, I try to just make it look as "naturally good" as I can, but sometimes it's fun to go wild. :-)

I don't like the idea (usually! :-) of trying to deceive the viewer; it's just a matter of making the final image match what I had in mind when I took it.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 13:08 on 14th April 2008
On 12th April 2008 20:15, Ron Brind wrote:
Only just spotted this thread fellow members and frankly all I have to say is WHAT A LOAD OF OLD COBBLERS! Look after the kids, the humans that's what I say because dogs, cats, fleas, bee's, spiders and bedbugs belong OUTSIDE the house! So take a deep breath, grow up and now start on Me again! Lets be honest, there's nothing wrong with a bit of horse meat is there? And what about the lovely cats, I think all fox traps should have one! Dogs? Well they eat dogs in the Far East don't they, can't beat a bit of Labrador, Chow or unwanted Greyhound can you? Thinks.....he, he, thats done it, wait for the flak again, especially from that Diana! 

Ever heard of "Misothery" Ron?  I think the word was invented just for you, you skunk. LOL!  And you had better back off the cats my friend or I'll have to visit you in the wee hours of the morning and stick a bag of bedbugs up your night shirt. LOL!
Len Philpot
Len Philpot
quotePosted at 13:09 on 14th April 2008

Maria, I just realized I didn't answer your other question.

I've not looked through every image in the gallery you linked (it's Monday morning here in the US, after all and I need to get to work, as much as I'd like not to! :-), but what I've seen is very nice. His "natural" shots are the kind I alluded to - Natural looking, but pushed about as far as possible without looking false in terms of color saturation, etc. All in all, very nice. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:59 on 14th April 2008

>>>Ever heard of "Misothery" Ron?  I think the word was invented just for you, you skunk. LOL!

Misothery - hatred of animals? Certainly not, I think all animals should be kept within their own domain (anywhere but in the house that is) and that we should be looking after the kids and those who are less fortunate, before the animals.

Surprise, surprise Diana has now called me a Skunk if ever you did!! I wonder which term will end up being the norm for dear old Ron....Rat, Snake, or Skunk? No doubt you will get plenty of response to this Diana, but have to admit that I did find it very funny, because the very last description that I expected was Skunk! Very good!! (And by the way I think that all restaurants should have at least one cat just inside the door.......to wipe your feet on as you enter). LOVL!