Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Walla Crag - Borrowdale - Lake District

Borrowdale

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

How did you.....

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 14:32 on 7th April 2008

How did you find your way to this site?

I stumbled across this site....well before they had the forum.  i use to use it often to find my way around and where the different counties were.  If i found a place that looked of interest, and it was near enough, we often went to the area.   

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:35 on 7th April 2008

It was during one of my really homesick periods, I was looking for pictures of the English countryside to look at, so I googled pictures of the English countryside and came up with this one.

It was a happy day.

Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 14:41 on 7th April 2008
Sue.  I no the feeling VERY well of homesickness!  While i lived in england, i OFTEN yearned for home too.  and now i am back here statside, i yearn for england.
Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 15:00 on 7th April 2008

I was looking for somewhere to share my pictures, so I trawled through google looking for the best site, and I did find the best site, thats for sure

Karen

Ana
Ana
quotePosted at 15:02 on 7th April 2008

Hi Roses and Sue!!

I wrote "pictures of england" at my computer two years ago, searching wonderful pics to remember places where I was, and found this exceptional website. Yesterday I got in the forum, before I dared not.... And now i'm happy to talk to you!!!

L
L
quotePosted at 15:28 on 7th April 2008
I cant remember, i've been a member of the site since 2004 and been alseep since then lol

quote | editPosted at 16:21 on 7th April 2008
I was looking for inspiring subjects to paint in watercolour and googled 'pictures of England'....and up came POE!
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 16:34 on 7th April 2008
Sounds like we all found POE in a similar way. I was looking for pictures and found POE. That was a long time ago. And whatever someone says===(Ron), I am not moving on, so there.
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 16:57 on 7th April 2008
I found it whilst looking for a site to post some pictures on. I'm a member of two American sites, both very good I might add....but not a patch on POE. I love taking pictures on my travels, I love looking at pictures too, so this is THE perfect site. I might not always have a great deal of time to spend here but I really enjoy it when I can find time. I don't know how many villages and towns there are in England, but I intend to get pictures from as many as possible! Andy.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 19:44 on 7th April 2008

Well, just to get into the fray (because most of you know from my introduction how I came to POE), Ron Brind told me about the site, and I am glad that he did too.

What a marvelous site! Kudos to Sarah and Chris for starting it and keeping it up and running.

The forum is spectacular and I've met some wonderful people (for the most part..LOL!).  I love the way you are able to receive emails to let you know when someone has posted to a thread.  How cleaver...I've never seen that on any other site.

I didn't know about POE when I made my past pilgrimages to England, but now that I do, I'll be sure to take advantage of this site to book my future travel accommodations etc.

And of course the pictures are delightful!