Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Condolences on the passing of Her Majesty

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 16:20 on 18th September 2022

I just wanted to offer my sympathy to you all on the passing of Queen Elizabeth.  She will be missed.  I will be up tomorrow at 2 AM my time to watch the coverage of her funeral.

It's been a long time since I posted anything on Pictures of England.  But I have many fond memories of the members I've met here in past years, as well as the many hours I've spent enjoying the wonderful POE!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 16:15 on 22nd September 2022

Hi Ruth, so great to see you! and thank you for your kind message about the Queen. What a loss, she was a great lady and a brilliant monach. She will be greatly missed.

How have you been? And yes we have some very fond memories too of times when the forums were a hive of activity, with the likes of Denzil keeping us all entertained. The golden years of Poe. The site is still ticking over, though the forum is not used like it used to be, with most having migrated to facebook and the like, which is a great shame as it was a unique community with a lot of great people. 

We hope you and your family are well. Take care and let us know how you've been keeping and what you've been up to.

Chris & Sarah

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...