Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

It has been too long since dropping by for a chat and a cuppa....

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:31 on 12th November 2016

We could use him here right now.....let me tell you what they found out about last night's riot....people in black masks were being shown to been doing the rioting, vandealism...not the protesters.....and, they left thier mark on buildings with an big black "A" in the center of an circle...known as "Anarchist" they apparently came in from other states last night to purposely damage the city. The leader of the protests put out an "Go fund me" to see if people behind an peaceful march would help to pay for damages done to the city.....they raised $27,000 in four hours...at dinner time they had raised $34,000 and volunterrs today showed up to start getting the grafitti off the things they damaged and to help clean up broken glass from broken windows and cars... tonight they protested, but never took to the streets, they are sitting in an designated area. I was wrong, the police did not tear gas them last night...they were smoke bombs set off. They were apparently after the "Anarchist" doing the trouble...not the people,. Now this sounds more like the Portland I've always known...deeply caring about how things are govern for humanity's rights, but not into violence doing it. So it is, we see people not really welcomed here at all in ways. Since then though, many people have stepped in to stop all this choas going on just the same....the Veteran's Parade took over where they were in the streets last night and many an "grandpa" has steppped in to calm things down in general...being Vet's Day my hubby and I went out to dinner tonight for our Senior. Salmon Dinner as ussual. The cafe though we went to  saw the men that were veterans shaking hands with each other and the general manager of the restruant...with them.  Long day an busy week, so we are both taking to resting tonight. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:07 on 19th November 2016

How much snow you have Rick?...it was cold here today from the winds coming off Mt. Hood, could of used your steaming hot cup of liquid today. I have tires to get for my car tomarrow and coming back, am thinking of loading up some wood by the back door for the next couple of days. My grandson was so good to me last time he was here never had to ask him about the fireplace.. had it crackling and running smoothly. But said he lked the logs I had bought that were wrapped, they caught on fire better so, I told him he's my official Thanksgiving Dinner fireplace keeper that day.... and bought two boxes of the kind of logs he likes to work with also. He's an good kid. I bought all three of them, one set of PJ's with two sweaters each for Christmas also.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:08 on 19th November 2016

Yeah time to get the wood in Shilrey, the firewood logs I mean, because I think this winter will be a cold one throughout the Planet. The berrries are heavy on the trees and only nature knows why!

So get the kettle on, give Judge Rick a call and settle down for the evening for some interesting chat! 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:21 on 22nd November 2016

Rick nor you would beleive what I've been through the last 24 hours....it started with an call from my son, on my way to emergency hospital....one of the grandson's is in need of medical help.....well, they kept him and operated on him shortly there after and took out his appendex.....my daughter in-law's boss let her have the next two days off as the kids are now out on Christmas Vacation....I got to see his surgery tonight in living color of an picture, and he's "OK, but I can tell he needs to rest....he has an pale look to his face one minute and kind of an different hue the next, like he needs to be laying down and resting.  I called out there and got ahold of his younger brother....who told me everyone was asleep....and being intutive...I felt his aloness and insecurity....and so I said, grandma took your kids out some hot dogs and oranges last night...why don' tyou make you some for breakfast or lunch, you know how to do that....and he says to me, so sincerely....I love you grandma....and that did it, I could barely get out "I love you also",and said bye, cause I had tears streaming down my face. I didn' tsleep much last night anyway wondering what was going on...so I was tired also. I kept telling myself how busy I needed to be to get this Thanksgiving dinner ready, so I worked on it the rest of the day....and then I did something....my brother and I got into an argument one year ago, after Thanksgiving Dinner....he is th eonly one I haven't gotten an present for, and I flet an bit guilty in that also...so I was talking to his "ex' and she said, go see him Shirley...go take him something for Christmas...last time he walked into the house and shut the door when I saw him as I was walking down the street, h ewon' ttalk to his "ex" either, she never wanted thier divorce either...well, I took him over an Christmas wreath...and I told him I'd give him $100 for Christmas, he said his "ex" he has to pay nearly $600 an month and it don' t leave him much money, so  he don' tcare about not seeing her....so we talked about what everyone was doing....he said he might come over to see my sister Thanksgiving Day, but he most likely wouldn't stay to long. I think she' d like that....it would surprise her. I hope he does do it.  Something of an revelation in itself as to our family temperments. She is not in the greatest of health these days...and we are all getting older every day. He looks like he's aged "to much" this year in ways. But we see how things go. So it's been quite and 24 hours for me. Of course I guess you know...I am not suppose to get upset over anything..,well, getting up this morning and after the "cry session" I wen tot eh grocery store and the leg pains started, I had to sit down and after buying the groceries I went home, down extra asprin and laid down an bit...they were gone by the time I got up again. I could fo used one of your shoulders to cry on you know today...before I left the youngest grandson againgave me an hug...he's done this twice here lately for something I've done for him...like he needs the assurance that everything will be just fine...and indeed hope it is. Long day, sounds like her parents though aren't coming over..... so if she has Christmas...might see them then.I go fo rnow, still have some rooms to perk up and an bird cage to move...wiht birds into the Grandson's room for Christmas Vacation...I have an 12 foot tree to be put up and decorated. Tables are done, votive candles all set to be lit...and Thanksgiving theme is both Native American and Pilgrim...but the key theme is with "deer" in the decor and pine cone wreath and accessories, small tree...etc...everything done in pine cones...snow laden pine needle branches also(artificial)...as I go into Christmas. Lime green, dark green, white/gold/rust/brown colors. So talk to you later on, if I don' t have an good Thanksgiving, though I think you have already had it over in England haven't you? Maybe it was "Canada" that has their's earlier. Harvest time festival. Have an good evening at any rate...and I have two boxes of expenisve logs to burn in the fire and I made the youngest grandson "keeper of the flame" for dinner....I did that because he says the firelogs don' t go out on him as easily....you know grandma's...what can I say. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:56 on 22nd November 2016

Hoping the surgery will resolve the appendix issues for your grandson Shirley. Better now than a week before Christmas eh?

Thanksgiving here Shirley is a little different from in the USA

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are...

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:01 on 29th November 2016

Rick you still out there?...Guess what I did...I , not thinking typed in my address for login on the computer...and find my house is up for sale...and we have never done any business with an real estate company and do not wish to sell our house....the information they list is wrong....but the picture is really terrible, it was before we did our landscaping....and it looks like it's winter besides that.  I wonder if this has something to do with some girls that came out for the property taxes couple of years ago, I think they wanted Randy's house instead, as he just had built an entire length of an new addition out back his house...his "Guisto" family is all over this area with property up for sale..... Kind of fishy in ways...... I can tell by what's listed that they know only what someone has told them to list it for, because they've never been in my house...it is not an one story house. I wonder if that's why they aren't selling t Cornett's house either....because while it's got the sign out front....no one has ever looked at it Do you suppose they are selling an "Trump Tower" these days since he won the election? Kind of suprises you when you run across things like this.... not knowing about it.  There use to be two houses in Colorado with my house address also, that were for sale at one time, very nice homes also. I did not think anyone could list an house without the owners consent.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:34 on 29th November 2016

We were told just a few days ago of scammers doing exactly that Shirley. Hope you have removed the 'For Sale' notice and given the Real Estate Agents a kick up the preverbial?

Hi to all POEsters

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:04 on 30th November 2016

I called thier today..got told it was an message phone....so I left my phone number...they never called back.

Fish tank arrived today..latr tonight some time. Small one, must going to use it as more of an holding tank until spring, cause it's very small.

Let's talk about something...namely the Lost Treasure said to be on "Oak Island", it's in another season right now, and as an historian, they have come across constantly with "mysteries" I've ran across also. Tonight they well established the templar knights had been there in early days. One of the prophecies was another man had to die before they would find the treasure...that happened...Fred G. Nolan. Another thing that came up as they dig the swamp out was there were some kind of boxes buried off shore, looked the size of human remains....and they came across the so callled hooked cross that Scott Wolter talked about as being an symbol for the family of Jesus. AS "immortals" I think all of the bibilcal figures of the past can manefest as does Jesus...but how it's done, I don' t maybe just spirit ecssene...don'  tknow if JohnL could fill me in on that one or not, cause we keep getting people doing similiar in soul stealing by way of hypnotism, and channeling into the person they want the entity  to be...or the "Goldberg" group. But anyway, moving on...they were talkling about Novia Scotia tonight also and it's connections to the TEmplar Knights...and I've always had this so called "Joshua" Davis in my files, but little about him. The biblical "joshua" will help start the so callled Armegeddon days. But this Joshua was during the early days of the Reveloutionary days...up rooted out of Virgina....went to New York suposedly with other "Tories" and shipped to NOva Scotia...then I lose him. There was an hint of him maybe being briefly around the Great Lakes area. I' m thinking, if he was an Templar Knight...did he know about "Oak Island"...as many seeming did in Virgina early days. Was he sent there to protect what ever it is they buried, just in case they took the Reveloutionary war that far up north?  He's kind of touted as part of the Reverand Samuel Davis family...and yet can't be either. we are kin to this group the founder's of Princeton University and ..good friends with George Washington...in fact he stayed with them over winter for an bit one time also. Reverand was an Presbyterian. I kind of see tidbits that are associated with one another but can' t quite make out the story as of yet. Presbyterians were known "Scotts" in thier day also...but in this case I think the relationship was with the SinClair family and George Lawson also. The SinClair were said to hold the pieces of the cross that Jesus was crucified on, and they had charge to take it to Scotland and eventually I suppose to Rossylin Chapel....if it didn' t make it's way to "Oak Island" possibly. So you know as they find things, I seem to find answers to many of my mysteries also. Because I think like most of them, Jesus or one of his son's was in this area at one time. We also have an lost daughter when I first was reading about Queen Elizabeth, now it's an son said to been Francis Bacon or William Shakespeare...but at any rate may of went to colonial America. Could she been with some of this group on their ship callled "The Oak" that George Lawson owned at one time also. It should prove to be an interesting show as they dig around on the island with new clues. They say the island was at one time two islands and the center of it was filled in....but take an glance at the island as they first show it, and tell me if it doesn't look to you like it does to me...the shape of an woman's "womb". If Scott Wolter is correct he says they left evidence of landing in Rhode Island and going northward. There he found the "hooked "X" also embedded into rocks in Rhode Island. he believes there is also most connection to it and the Kennsington Stone also. So I go now and ponder on things....I am so excited that England found an lost city in Eygpt here lately also...as I think there are most likely cities buried under the sand all over in the same area, and this data preceeds the kown Pharoh's of the day and an important city state...so it was an very sginificant find, and in tact also. I hope in coming days we can learn more about it. So, good evenig for now.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:38 on 30th November 2016

Another interesting post from the Queen of POE threads......Shirley! Thanks for that Shirley, always a good read.

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:41 on 26th January 2017

Rick as of today...can't access my usual thread to post in it...so I thought i'd tell you to tell Ron the next time around if I can' t get in it any more.....I hear Colorado is having roof top collapsing also. WEiser, Idaho...where we were married and teh cable company out early yeserday and put an big white box on the strteet in front of the cable box as if they are going to change the whole works to see if it well help me stopped being zappped. all the time...and I might add also, that the second day of Trump being in office, I haven't had this problem, even the music in my ears going on constantly left also.  Coast this last weekend got smacked  with 40 foot high waves coming in shore...lots of damage, and th emotl we like to go to, had huge boards onlng it's side facing the ocean bu tone section at the en dof it was smack by an huge log I guess. Will have to make it over there and see what happened, bu tmaybe they can fix thatend of the motel...as it needed it.  Trump just wrote off 1.4 million dollars for aide from Portland and 1 per cent of Beaverton's budget also in the thousands...for being santcuary city's....I will have to go an find out exactly what it means I guess. So much is happening so fast areound here and in the neews daily. Only thing I disagee with so far has been allowing the pipeline to go through...I think it's an bad idea. I wish they re-route it to go notyh along the Canadia border out to the coast line instead off cutting the us in half. Native Americans never wanted it and still don't, and they are supposedly owners of their own reseervations...like an independent foreign country from within...though I think they have always know they were owned by the USA to get any help. Have an good year...I spent today at the bank talking retirement years coming up again.