Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Earls in England

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Javier Sanchez
Javier Sanchez
quotePosted at 08:27 on 25th August 2013

Good morning to everyon,

My name is Javier.Recently I became very interested in the Peerage of England. The reason is that my wife is a big maniac on the topic and I want to surprise her for her birthday in the end of February. I want to prepare a Birthday Card with wishes from all the earls in England (I know it is very ambitious objective, but I want to try to do it.). I was trying to find some information about the currently alive earls and countess in each county in England. Unfortunatelly I'm not able to find any records or other relevant information on the issue. I spent the last 2 weeks trying to find something, but apart of the information for some of the most famous counties (Suffolk for instance) there is no other information I could find. I would be really happy if someone could help me out with this!

Best wishes to everyone!

Javier :)

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 08:38 on 25th August 2013

Dear Javier

May I offer a warm welcome to P:.O:.E:. I sincerely hope that you are able to complete the task.

Regards

Neil

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:05 on 25th August 2013

Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Javier.

You have set yourself an impossible task in my opinion. Even if you could find them, access to them would be virtually impossible also, but hey you can read all about England here.

Your birthday surprise might be better aimed at a few days in the UK for example, booking your hotel accommodation through this site (see third box down top left) means you get it cheaper than going direct to the hotel. What are you waiting for?

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 12:11 on 25th August 2013

Biographical details of all the peerage can be found at Debrett's although contact with the people listed there will be well-nigh impossible, as Ron has already stated.

Edited by: Edward Lever at:25th August 2013 13:04
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 14:24 on 25th August 2013
He has as much chance as getting some of that fish out of Ruths freezer
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:37 on 25th August 2013

Cheeky Smile

And welcome Javier Smile 

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 20:34 on 26th August 2013

You might like to try the Earl of Canarvon at Highclere Castle, North Hampshire.

Contact details for Highclere Castle are on their website; they're also on Twitter and Facebook. Their castle is more commonly seen around the world as TV's Downton Abbey.

Please login to post to this thread...