Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Peters Square. Emsworth. Hampshire

Emsworth

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

POE Family Reunion

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 13:57 on 15th October 2008

The "Family Reunion" was Richard Sellers idea and I think it's a great idea.  On page 22 of "A Brilliant Idea", I said that I would act as organizer and try to get something going.

I've started this thread because to accomplish our goal, what I need is "input".  Please read what I wrote on the other thread.  What I hope to accomplish here is to get input, if you're serious about it, on where you would want to stay, what you would want to see etc.  I'll take everyones input and then those who want to go can vote.

I think Ron's idea of a POE weekend would be great but for those of us out of the country, there's no sense in coming unless we plan to stay at least 10 days.  Therefore, we could have our POE weekend, do some touring and then get back together for 1 last night before we fly home.

I also asked to hear from those who could help with T-shirts, mugs etc.  We could sell those during our weekend.

We can do this so please take this thread seriously and let's get it moving.  My home e-mail is uktours4u@volcano.net and for those who live in the US and want to call me with their ideas, my number is (209) 296-0957 (PST)

Looking forward to hearing from all of you.......Cheri

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 14:12 on 15th October 2008

Cheri, I said it on the other thread and I'll say it again, you are an angel. Organizing something like this is no easy task, and I hope that those who take advantage of your kind offer really appreciate the effort that goes into it. I am sure they will.Smile 

Although I will not be able to attend, I will follow this thread with much interest and enthusiasm to see how it develops for everyone else!Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:32 on 15th October 2008

Cheri, I can't afford 10 days at 'Ourgate' right now, so will watch this thread with interest. There is however an opportunity to make POE a little bit of much needed cash here, how? Well, if you manage to pull this off, one you deserve credit and two make sure the accommodation is booked online through www.PicturesOfEngland.com/hotels/ so that they will receive the appropriate amount of commission. The plus is of course, as I have said many times, you will get your accommodation cheaper than by going direct to the hotels!

As for the 'T' shirts, mugs etc. Well this has been suggested also and I seem to remember there was a website link provided where this could be organized, but again for POE to benefit it needs somebody to not just suggest it, but follow up!

Who remembers what that website was, anybody? It's in a thread here somehwere!! 

Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 15:03 on 15th October 2008

Hi Ron;

Living in England, you of course, would not need 10 days of accommodations. I'm talking about late 2009 or spring 2010.  Those of you in England could come for the POE weekend and then either go home or stay and participate, however much you wish, in the touring etc.

If you read what I wrote on page 22 of "A Brilliant Idea", you will see that I plan on booking all hotel reservations through POE.  In doing this, I will do whatever it takes to raise some money for POE. (hotels, mugs, T-shirts etc.)

In "A Brillian Idea" many people had good ideas for t-shirts ect. and yes, there was a website mentioned.  My hope is that people who are serious about it will participate in this thread, submit their ideas and we can get it moving.

Cheri Thomas
Cheri Thomas
quotePosted at 15:09 on 15th October 2008
P.S.  Thanks Diana, it would be so wonderful for all of us "England lovers" to actually meet and spend some time together.  I hope everyone is serious enough about it to make it work.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:06 on 15th October 2008
Thanks for taking the initiative Cheri. I didn't get around to looking too deep into past threads so missed your previous comments....sorry about that, but nice to know you have POE in mind. Well done, and who knows in a couple of years time I might even be able to afford a weekend away! I've got loads of C S Lewis stories to share!!
Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 17:09 on 15th October 2008
That gives us something to look forward to Ron.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 17:10 on 15th October 2008
Ron, you should write a second book telling all of your C.S. Lewis stories and donate the proceeds to POE!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 17:11 on 15th October 2008
Sorry Cheri, I should have posted that last comment somewhere else, I don't want this thread to get hijacked from it's main point!
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 19:15 on 15th October 2008
Cheri has some good ideas,Diana....you Will come !!!!!