Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Salford Docks

Salford

in the county of Greater Manchester

Holly Blue Butterfly on Oxalis.

Gravesend

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The Allegiance Oath

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 20:22 on 11th March 2008

Former Attorney General Lord Goldsmith wants Schoolchildren to swear allegiance to the Queen.

What are your thoughts on this?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dennis Bailey
Dennis Bailey
quotePosted at 21:03 on 11th March 2008

Hitler Youth got there first. Showing allegiance to the country is one thing, swearing allegiance to a person is something else. I will never do it, and will do whatever i have to to keep it that way.

quote | editPosted at 22:06 on 11th March 2008
This is yet another wheeze by the Government that will never see the light of day...I'm sure they dream these things up to detract from the mess they have created in this country....Patriotism....they wouldn't know it if it hit them in the face. And I would rather be a 'subject ' of the Queen than a citizen of Gordon Brown and his cohorts...at least she loves England.
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:18 on 11th March 2008
You can make them swear all you want, but it wont make them believe in it or live by it. How many peopls have sworn allegiance to the American flag only to become terrorists?  It would still happen here.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:29 on 11th March 2008

I think it's a load of old cod's Wallop.

And I would like to know what the Queen thinks of this idea, I'm betting she is against it.

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 13:43 on 12th March 2008
On 11th March 2008 23:29, Sue Herrera wrote:

And I would like to know what the Queen thinks of this idea

Me too, lets hope when she next logs in to POE she will be kind enough to tell us Wink

On a serious note though, I am inclined to agree and think as Sue said it will never see the light of day and is probably just dreamt up to detract from the mess they have created in this country.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:00 on 12th March 2008
I wonder if Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth does or has looked in on the site. You never know do you, because lets face it POE is all about her subjects, beautiful photographs submitted, history, attractions, maps, you name it very, very, England. Ma'am if you do visit this wonderful site, perhaps you could sign in as say 'Queenie' because nobody would believe it anyway would they? Lets hope and pray for such a wonderful event, perhaps new member! We really would welcome you. 
 Please login to post to this thread...