Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Lowestoft Christchurch

Lowestoft

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

Beamish: omnibus

Beamish

in the county of County Durham

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Postcards from England ( The Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza & Steam Fair )

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

victorian67
victorian67
quotePosted at 14:00 on 10th November 2013

Return to Llandudno for the Victorian Extravaganza & Steam Fair !

Those of you who have followed my escapades around the UK already know Llandudno, Wales largest sea side resort which I first visited a couple of years ago.

And it did not take me more than a minute to decide myself to return to Llandudno again, this time for the colorful and vibrant Victorian Festival as soon as the final dates were announced !

I loved my first visit to this beautiful and quite grand Victorian seaside resort with its miles long promenade by the beach, elegant white seafront Edwardian hotels and spectacular views from the pier and this year, I was in for another treat !

The Victorian Festival being hold on a popular bank holiday week-end in England, I visited Llandudno at its busiest time of the year and should I also say at its sunniest !

The entire town centre was turned into a giant fair ground with beautiful traditional merry go rounds, costumed Victorians, fascinating Victorian steam engines, yummy food displays from pancakes to fish & chips listening to the tunes of magnificent fair organs.

The Steam Exhibits were the stars of the show with their great variety of traction engines and one could admire the beauty of these intricate machines from another age and the effort involved in maintaining such full sized engines in operating conditions is truly commendable.

And just a few meters away the promenade with its invigorating sea breeze.

I walked with the seagulls till the end of the pier and had a refreshing Guinness at the Ocean Cafe and came back to the effervescence of a town in full celebration and parade.

And as this very special day by the sea came to an end, what better sight than four happy Victorians enjoying a chocolate ice cream on the Promenade ...

Edited by: victorian67 at:10th November 2013 14:01
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...