Emsworth

in the county of Hampshire

Lund Bridge

Wasdale Head

in the county of Cumbria

Merchant's House

Plymouth

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

JOHN MOORE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Kelly Barnard
Kelly Barnard
quotePosted at 19:05 on 29th March 2010
I'm researching my family tree and I'm looking for any information regarding my Great, Great Grandfather John MOORE/ parents/ Sibilngs etc.  Our family notes say he was born: 1858 in Workshire, England however I think that was a mistake and it's supposed to be Yorkshire, England.  John Moore immigrated to Canada at some point and resided in Saskatchewan Canada, he died there in 1933.  He married Mary Jane DEARING, but I'm confused as I Don't know if she was from Exeter, ONtario or Exeter Saskatchewan Canada.  She was born 1854  and Died  on Aug 7, 1942
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 20:46 on 29th March 2010

Mary Jane Dearing was born 1854, and married John Moore from Yorkshire. There also appears to be a Mary Jane Dearing and John Moore turning up in Exeter, Ontario too, and thence to Saskatchewan.

I'd also check Ontario marriages for the 25 October, 1879 to see if Exeter, Ontario is the location of their marriage.  I'd also check Canadian Immigration for 1871 for John Moore arriving aged 14.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:29th March 2010 23:37
Kelly Barnard
Kelly Barnard
quotePosted at 04:26 on 30th March 2010
On 29th March 2010 20:46, Paul Hilton wrote:

Mary Jane Dearing was born 1854, and married John Moore from Yorkshire. There also appears to be a Mary Jane Dearing and John Moore turning up in Exeter, Ontario too, and thence to Saskatchewan.

I'd also check Ontario marriages for the 25 October, 1879 to see if Exeter, Ontario is the location of their marriage.  I'd also check Canadian Immigration for 1871 for John Moore arriving aged 14.

Kelly Barnard
Kelly Barnard
quotePosted at 04:28 on 30th March 2010
I think you are on to something... How or where did you find that information.  I;ve been looking for quite a while and Haven't found a thing.  Would you share the site with me so I can have a look.  I've been trying to find information via Cemeteries but haven't had any luck.
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 07:58 on 30th March 2010

If you would like to double-check this Kelly--------

Thomas Moore and wife Judith had son John Moore born Nov. 12, 1857 in Yorkshire. Aged 14 in 1871, he arrives in Canada. On 25 October 1879, he marries Mary Jane Darling in Exeter, Ontario, daughter of Thomas Dearing ( 1826-1909 ) and Hannah Horrell ( 1824-1905). They also lived in South Huron, Ont. and I think they had 4 children, and ultimately moving to Saskatchewan, possibly Redvers.   Their son William b. 1886, married Margaret Johnson and his family then headed off to British Columbia, while Mary Jane's parents seemed to have stayed in Exeter, Ont. until they died.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:30th March 2010 09:58
Kelly Barnard
Kelly Barnard
quotePosted at 13:04 on 30th March 2010
Paul Thank You!, Thank You! Thank You!  would you share with me the link so I can see it too, there may be other family memebers I could check out, as well.
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 16:51 on 30th March 2010

The other children-----1 of the four I presume you know of?----are Frederick b. 1881; Nettie May b.1884, Charles Luther. b.1891 so you should have the family now.  

Found on Ancesty.co.uk.  --presumably ancestry.ca will show them too but not free of course.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:30th March 2010 16:52
 Please login to post to this thread...