Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Etheldreda's Church, Hatfield

Hatfield

in the county of Hertfordshire

Late afternoon at Crosby

Crosby

in the county of Merseyside

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sheffield - Dodworth

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Charlotte Clark
Charlotte Clark
quotePosted at 22:49 on 25th November 2007
Hi, I have family from Sheffield. The Dodworth family and in 1861 they lived on Reliance place. I cannot find this on a map. Can anyone help?  Also any info on James Dodworth (born 1821) or his son James Russell Dodworth (born 1870) would be helpful. Thank you.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Smith
Peter Smith
quotePosted at 21:33 on 10th July 2008

Hi Charlotte,

A quick trawl through freebmd.org.uk looking for ALL types in DISTRICT Sheffield gave me many Dodworth events including:

Ernest Russell Dodworth, birth registered in DEC quarter of 1870.

Ernest Russell Doworth, Marriage registered in DEC quarter of 1901 to either Ada Jane Simpson or Annie Watson.

I'm sure what you are looking for is in freebmd. you should also check out the free census site on there as well. I will try and ascertain where Reliance place was in 1861, but Sheffield has changed so much since then.

Happy huntingWink

L
L
quotePosted at 21:40 on 10th July 2008
Hi Charlotte, welcome to POE, I'd like to help but i'm afriad I know nothing about that area sorry.
Peter Smith
Peter Smith
quotePosted at 21:48 on 10th July 2008
On 10th July 2008 21:40, Lyn Greenaway wrote:
Hi Charlotte, welcome to POE, I'd like to help but i'm afriad I know nothing about that area sorry.

Hi Lyn 

You were a bit late with your welcome, she posted it in November 2007Embarassed.

Better luck next time eh!

Peter

L
L
quotePosted at 07:04 on 11th July 2008
 Novemeber 2007 is when Charlotte joined POE Peter, not when she first posted in here, The date under my avatar is June 2004 cos thats when I joined but this forum wasn't here then and my first posting was in March 2008 I think. I may be wrong but maybe Charlotte can tell us. But whatever she's got a welcome from me LOL
Peter Smith
Peter Smith
quotePosted at 23:15 on 11th July 2008
On 25th November 2007 22:49, Charlotte Clark wrote:
Hi, I have family from Sheffield. The Dodworth family and in 1861 they lived on Reliance place. I cannot find this on a map. Can anyone help?  Also any info on James Dodworth (born 1821) or his son James Russell Dodworth (born 1870) would be helpful. Thank you.

Charlotte,

Reliance Place was a small lane off Winter Steet in Sheffield. In 1881, George Thompson Dodworth lived at no.25 and a Mrs Dodworth lived at no. 2.

Info found in Kelly's Directory of West Riding of Yorkshire, 1881, part 2. places L-Y available online at www.historicaldirectories.org

PM me if you require further help.

Peter

Charlotte Clark
Charlotte Clark
quotePosted at 03:35 on 16th July 2008
Hey, Thanks so much!  Mrs. Dodworth I'm pretty sure was married to my gr gr grandfather James Russell Dodworth. He died 1870 in Retford I think. He was a cutler and made knives under the name Reliance. I'm trying to find out more about his family/parents. Any more help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. - Charlotte
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:25 on 16th July 2008
Can't help with your search Charlotte, but as Lyn says, welcome to the POE forum despite being a member since 2007. What kept you? Don't forget to come back soon.
Julie Bramhall
Julie Bramhall
quotePosted at 16:41 on 27th August 2012
On 25th November 2007 22:49, Charlotte Clark wrote:

hi charlotte i have traced a family member of mine living with your relative james in 1871 census her name is helen a terry do you know who she might be she married my great great grandfathers brother
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:42 on 27th August 2012
Hello Julie,Just a thought -if you want to contact Charlotte why not click on the contact line -its a while since she was on -there you may have more success as she hasnt been on for a while.