Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

At Sundown on The Thames

East Molesey

in the county of Surrey

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

West Wales Hit By Major Flooding

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:01 on 10th June 2012

Caravans, Caravan Parks and Villages near Aberystwyth are submerged in several feet of water after more than a months worth of rain fell in one day!

It seems more than 150 people had to be rescued by air to escape the raging torrent of water. Our thoughts go out to all those affected, and to the RAF, Fire and Rescue Services who do such a fantastic job in circumstances such as these. Thank You!

Have you seen the flooding members? See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18381040 for more information.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:07 on 10th June 2012
I have been keeping my eye on this, as my friend, who I recently visited, lives on the banks of the River Wye. 
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:38 on 10th June 2012
Saw the awful situation in the news!  I am so sorry for the all people there and so glad they were able to lift them all to safety!  I see the whole town area is now evacuated against further flooding!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:47 on 10th June 2012

Friend has emailed to say that the Wye is flowing normally and she is fine.

Interesting how the heavy rains can hit only certain areas and the rest is fine.

Please login to post to this thread...