NEW! - Don't miss out on daily new pictures! simply follow us on Facebook - here
Enjoy photography? - Be one of the first to join our brand new Facebook Photography Group launching 11th June 2020 UK Photography all levels - Join now and start sharing your photos!
The Church of St. James the less is a stone building in the decorated style. It was built in 1843 and consists of a chancel, nave, south porch, organ chamber and vestry, and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, containing one bell: there is a handsome stained window: The reredos is of marble, with a rich gold cornice: the choir is separated from the nave by a low screen, bearing 30 lights: there are sittings for 246 persons. The parish of Hambridge was formed on Oct 11, 1844, from the parishes of Barrington, Curry Rivell, Isle Brewers and Puckington, parts of the extra-parochial parish of Nidon, and including the whole of the ancient parish of Earnshill.
A picture of: Hambridge
This picture also appears in the following picture tour:
Camera Make: Panasonic Model: DMC-FZ72
Exposure Program: Landscape, Focal length: 3.58 mm, ISO: 100, Exposure time: 1/1600 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Date/Time Creation: October 2, 2015, 12:25 pm
ImageID:1198577, Image size: 1024 x 751 pixels
Lovely shot and info Pat, nice to see the blue sky.
Great shot Pat. Very interesting into too.
Please login to make a comment on this picture