a Historic Market Town in the county of North Yorkshire
in the county of North Yorkshire
The Hidden Churches of Somerset
Memories of The Village of North Bovey
Please login or click here to join.
Forgot Password? Click Here
Only registered users can send messages. Please register or login.
Beverley Minster possessed two bells in 1050. Four bells were installed in 1366, three of which are still in use in the Minster after having been recast. In the south-west tower there is a bell weighing over 7 tonnes and which is over 7 feet in diameter. It is a non-swinging bourdon bell called Great John, which chimes the hour and dates from 1901.
Follow us on social media and help share the beauty of England..