Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

View from North Sands

Salcombe

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

Historic Lime Kilns at Froghall, Staffordshire

Froghall

in the county of Staffordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello from Italy

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Emanuele Ghisi
Emanuele Ghisi
quotePosted at 20:19 on 22nd February 2013
On 22nd February 2013 16:16, rustyruth wrote:
Welcome Emanuele, glad you love England, I must say I adore Italy, haven't been for a couple of years and I'm thinking it's about time for another visit.

Yes, Italy is very nice, specially in Spring: if you want I'll be happy to recommend some beautiful places!

Sorry for the OT! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Emanuele Ghisi
Emanuele Ghisi
quotePosted at 20:22 on 22nd February 2013
On 22nd February 2013 19:16, Dave John wrote:
Hey welcome Emanuele, you will soon feel at home with us, we are pretty easy going and like fun and banter in the forums if you get chance join in!! Like your taste in Music.....some good stuff thereWink

I'm sure I'll feel at home: you are very kind! Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:42 on 22nd February 2013

Thank you Emanuele, that would be very kind, I better tell you where we have already been, we would like to try somewhere new.

Rome, Naples, Venice, Verona, Florence, Pisa, Sorrento, Sicily, Pompeii & Erculano. Some places twice or more, so somewhere different would be lovely. 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:28 on 22nd February 2013
 Greetings Emanuele and welcome to POE, you have already found out how wonderful the pictures of England are and what sort of  characters we are, just a good bunch so join in whenever you can. I agree with Dave that you have a good taste in music we have a radio station in Britain called Planet Rock ,you might enjoy listening online as you look at all the photos here. Again welcome and enjoy your stay.
Emanuele Ghisi
Emanuele Ghisi
quotePosted at 22:36 on 22nd February 2013
On 22nd February 2013 20:42, rustyruth wrote:

Thank you Emanuele, that would be very kind, I better tell you where we have already been, we would like to try somewhere new.

Rome, Naples, Venice, Verona, Florence, Pisa, Sorrento, Sicily, Pompeii & Erculano. Some places twice or more, so somewhere different would be lovely. 

It's a pleasure!
You could visit little cities like Mantua (Shakespeare speak about Mantua in Romeo and Juliet), Sirmione (a lovely town on the Lake of Garda, near Mantua), Parma, Vicenza and Padua and their country with the beautiful Palladian villas, Como and his lake, and in general all the Tuscany (Siena, Monteriggioni, Volterra, San Giminiano)...
Emanuele Ghisi
Emanuele Ghisi
quotePosted at 22:38 on 22nd February 2013
On 22nd February 2013 21:28, Vince Hawthorn wrote:
 Greetings Emanuele and welcome to POE, you have already found out how wonderful the pictures of England are and what sort of  characters we are, just a good bunch so join in whenever you can. I agree with Dave that you have a good taste in music we have a radio station in Britain called Planet Rock ,you might enjoy listening online as you look at all the photos here. Again welcome and enjoy your stay.

Planet Rock radio? it sounds great! it's a good idea!

Thanks! 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 22:38 on 22nd February 2013
Been to Sorrento,Amalfi Coast,Positano and Capri all nice places but rather expensive.Frown
Emanuele Ghisi
Emanuele Ghisi
quotePosted at 23:04 on 22nd February 2013

You're right: those places are very expensive.

It's strange because the south of Italy is cheaper than the north... except for the Amalfi Coast. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:46 on 23rd February 2013

Thank you very mush or your suggestions Emanuele, I shall do some research into those places, it will probably be 2014 before we get to visit Italy again. I do rather fancy lake Como.

And I agree the Amalfi coast is expensive. 

Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
quotePosted at 05:54 on 25th February 2013

Welcome Emanuele. Italy is a fabulous country to visit. My wife and I went to Lake Como, Milan,Verona,Venice,Burano, Pisa,San Gimignano,Florence, Amalfi Coast, Isle of Capri,Ravello,Pompeii and Rome. Many Italians love songs sung in the English language and many world famous rock bands and soloists have concerts in Italian cities.