Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Kew Gardens Museum, Greater London

Kew

in the county of Greater London

Pashley Manor Garden

Burwash

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:53 on 19th April 2009

Welcome to POE (Pictures of England) Lorna.

I would love to travel to New Zealand and take the Lord of the Rings tour. Maybe one day.

Enjoy your sojourn here on POE. We look forward to seeing your pictures of England, and getting to know you here on the forums.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rafal Bartkowiak
Rafal Bartkowiak
quotePosted at 15:42 on 19th April 2009

Lorna,you lived in Devon.I was there in Exeter few weeks ago and...It's beautiful !!! I'm going to Dewon in next few weeks again but this time to Taunton.There is a lots of places we wanna see and not just thereSmile.

Once again welcome and hope you start explore our family site.Wink

Edited by: Rafal Bartkowiak at:19th April 2009 15:43
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 16:07 on 19th April 2009
Hi Lorna!!  Welcome to POE!!
Bill Swan
Bill Swan
quotePosted at 16:17 on 19th April 2009
Hello Lorna ......our friends emigrated to NZ about 2 years ago and an old school friend (from the 60's) emigrated out there 30 years ago I still drop in the odd e-mail but i think they all like it there .....enjoy this sight hope the shots don't make you too homesick...enjoy 
Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx
quotePosted at 16:58 on 19th April 2009

Kia Ora  Lorna..   say hello to the Arts Centre next time you are in Christchurch!

Anna

http://www.artscentre.org.nz/

Lorna Harold
Lorna Harold
quotePosted at 23:43 on 19th April 2009

Hi Everyone.

Sue I have seen a lot of where the Lord of the Rings was filmed - but mainly from a distance! I live about half an hour from Matamata where Hobbiton was created.

Rafal I lived in Exeter for 13 years and then moved to Taunton for 6 years before moving over here! Small world! Before that it was NZ (been here twice now!) and Bideford, North Devon before that. So have travelled around a bit!

Bill I hope your friends still enjoy living over here. Have they been back to the UK at all? This sight does make me rather homesick!!

Anna I have been to the Arts Centre once in Christchurch. That was a couple of years ago now. I am on the North Island but would love to get back down to the South again sometime.

Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 00:17 on 20th April 2009
Hi Lorna , Welcome to POE!!;-)   I live in the U.S.A but we are going to visit England this Aug. and we will be going to Devon also cant wait to see it myself the  pictures look beautiful!!!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 00:27 on 20th April 2009

Hi Lorna:  Welcome to POE.  Thanks for telling Marianne about it too.  If you're homesick for England, then this is a pretty nice place.  But I also hear that New Zealand is fabulous.  Enjoy yourself here, Lorna.

Xxxx Xxxx
Xxxx Xxxx
quotePosted at 01:37 on 20th April 2009

Lorna~~ Jane Campion made a gorgeous film :  'The Piano'~ have you seen it? Fabulous music...filmed  in New Zealand...also..poignant ~ 'Angel At My Table'.. about NZ writer Jane Frame...enjoy ! Now I'm lonesome for New Zealand! Where's my Pavlova!

http://homecooking.about.com/od/cakerecipes/r/blc4.htm

Edited by: Anna Hawthorne at:20th April 2009 01:41
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 02:41 on 20th April 2009
UUUMMMMM Anna that looks really good!!! Making me hungry wished i could make that right now,,lol