'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello everyone, I'm from Redruth.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 15:13 on 26th May 2008

Hi Denzil

Welcome to the forum

KarenLaughing

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 15:14 on 26th May 2008

Bloomin cheak. I know ive got a bad memory, but it's not that bad.

Denzil I went to Looe, that was my base. Fantastic weather, really sunny but a cool sea breaze kept the temperature down a bit. We visited Mevagissey, Polperro, St Micheals Mount, The Eden project, The Lost gardens of Helligan and a few more places. Did 930 miles before coming home. You ever been to Flambards Denzil? Great place for all the family too.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 15:24 on 26th May 2008
Hello Denzil and Welcome to POE.  It's a great place and I consider myself blest to have met the wonderful people on this site.  It really is like a second family (feuds and all...LOL!) Wink
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 15:30 on 26th May 2008
Thanks to you all for the welcome. You did some miles then Peter you should try Fowey and around Porthpean next time its great there.
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 16:41 on 26th May 2008
Love Fowey Denzil. I just wish the walk back to the car park wasnt so steep. I will try Porthpean next time i'm in Cornwall, probably September.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:47 on 26th May 2008
On 26th May 2008 15:24, Diana Sinclair wrote:
Hello Denzil and Welcome to POE.  It's a great place and I consider myself blest to have met the wonderful people on this site.  It really is like a second family (feuds and all...LOL!) Wink

Blest Diana? Nevertheless Denzil, Diana is right of course....aren't all women?

And Peter you dirty devil you, fancy going to Loo e in Cornwall!

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:46 on 26th May 2008

Hi Denzil:

A pleasure to meet you.  Cornwall's on my list of places to visit.  There was a British TV show on over here back in the 80's called "Poldark."  That's what comes to mind when I think of Cornwall, other than all the lovely pictures on this site. 

PS - I'm only "Redruth" when I'm blushing Embarassed or have been in the sun too long.  :o)  (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)  I'd be interested in the origin of the town name though.

L
L
quotePosted at 22:02 on 26th May 2008
On 26th May 2008 21:46, Ruth Gregory wrote:

Hi Denzil:

PS - I'm only "Redruth" when I'm blushing Embarassed or have been in the sun too long. :o) (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) I'd be interested in the origin of the town name though.

LOL @ Ruth

I've been to The Lizard and Cynance Cove Denzil, its lovely down there. 

Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 22:05 on 26th May 2008
Hello Ruth. The name Redruth comes from the words rys or rid meaning red and rudh meaning ford which is where a river or stream flows over a road. They are old Cornish words nice to meet you as well Ruth
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 22:17 on 26th May 2008
Thank you, Denzil.  Very interesting.  Do you have sort of reddish clay earth there?  We have places here in Arizona where a river or stream runs over a road, but they're usually dry and are called washes. As for the language - how many languages are there in the British Isles?  I knew there was Irish and Welsh, but I didn't know there was a Cornish language.  Are they related, maybe of Celtic origin?