Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Foreshore at Gravesend with Royal Terrace Pier.

Gravesend

in the county of Kent

The Anglican Parish Church at Ripley, Derbyshire.

Ripley

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Please note: We have moved!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 19:14 on 28th October 2019

Although we didn't quite reach the donation target yet (Still need to get there!) we did manage to get enough to get us on to the new host, which is a great relief to both Sarah and myself as it will help the site greatly in the long run.

We just want to say a massive thank you therefore to everyone who donated towards helping the move progress - we absolutely could not have done it without you, and we feel really privileged to have such incredible members who care so much for the site and want to see it survive and flourish. We are not completely out of the woods yet, as still need to reach that initial target of £2,200 which we are currently £800 short of, but we are positive we will now get there with the continued help of our fantastic members and visitors. Thank you so much again to you all.

Here is the donation link for those who can afford to make a contribution. Please support us if you can so we can reach the final target and secure the site beyond the immediate future.

A massive thank you also to Dmitry, a good friend who has helped considerably to keep the site going. Thank you.

Thank you so much everyone. 

Chris & Sarah

Edited by: poe at:28th October 2019 19:17
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 11:46 on 29th October 2019
Well done Chris and Sarah  and i hope the site continues for many years to come, and as Ron used to say Best site on the internet bar none.
poe
quotePosted at 13:51 on 29th October 2019

Thanks Peggy, we really appreciate your support. The site should hopefully run a little quicker now too, for those in the UK, as the server is a lot closer to home, as it now resides in London instead of over in the USA.

Edited by: poe at:29th October 2019 21:26
Paul V. A. JohnsonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul V. A. Johnson
quotePosted at 13:51 on 1st November 2019
Excellent,  hopefully things will improve. Speed has certainly  greatly improved and with improvements to the accomodation I am sure the site will become financially sound. I notice a couple of things not working which you may well be working on but in case you are not aware - no email notifications  re. Comments and forum updates, members list topics not updating or order not correct. Nevertheless well done.
poe
quotePosted at 10:49 on 2nd November 2019
Thanks for pointing out the email notifications not working Paul. They should have been done but obviously there is a problem. I'll get it looked into but it'll be something the server side so probably not until next week sometime now, but thanks for pointing it out as they are important to get sorted. Looks like the new member sign-ups are also not getting the all important 'click here to confirm your account' email either.
 Please login to post to this thread...