Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Lake Rudyard, Nr Leek, Staffordshire

Rudyard

in the county of Staffordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Mobile devices and PoE - Feedback appreciated.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 21:12 on 21st June 2017

The last few weeks has seen a lot of work put into the site in order to get it much more mobile friendly, and performing better on mobile devices in general, such as on phones and tablets. If you browse poe on a mobile device, please let us know how it is performing for you. Are the fonts big enough? How is the site navigation? Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris & Sarah 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 11:11 on 26th August 2019
Still cannot upload with tablet nor mobile I put in the town name but nothing happens 
poe
quotePosted at 23:01 on 26th August 2019

Hi Peggy,

If you go to the right location, you shouldn't have to put in a town name. For instance if you were uploading pictures of Lowestoft, in Suffolk, you'd simply have to visit the Lowestoft page and click the 'Upload' link, which should be under the towns description. The link would take you to a page where the location is already selected for you, so no need to select it at all. Click the following link to see what I mean - 

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Suffolk/Lowestoft/pictures/add

You can also go to a county page and do the same, e.g
http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Suffolk/pictures/add

If you still have trouble let me know and we'll see what we can do. Hope you are in better health now and taking good care.

Chris & Sarah

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 11:33 on 1st September 2019

Thanks Chris for info, I have uploaded 3 pictures as a trial but the first two in Lowestoft I clicked on the info which you put in the forum and the name appeared in the box allowing me to carry on,  the third one I again went to the forum where you had put Suffolk and the county appeared allowing me to upload one of Southwold.

I have tried many times with many places to be on the correct town or village and then click upload, but not able to do so, I then try by putting the name in the box but it doesn't work.

I need the counties Cornwall and Gloucester

Thanks Peggy 

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 12:54 on 1st September 2019
Also Norfolk please 
poe
quotePosted at 14:38 on 1st September 2019

Cornwall

Gloucestershire

Norfolk

Hi Peggy. Let us know if you need any more links.

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 09:28 on 4th September 2019
Chris pleas delete the picture I don't know where that came from because I clicked on a picture of Oulton Broad.  My broadband is frozen more than it is working at times, I am going to ring b t this morning sorry 
poe
quotePosted at 10:11 on 4th September 2019
No worries Peggy. Hope you get it sorted.
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 08:26 on 6th September 2019

A friend told me to try early mornings, but two have doubled up again also  I tried to upload one of Lowestoft and a message came up that it was not a gìf nor jpeg,  and some will not upload at all, I find it very odd because if I decided to do so I would have no problem with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, but i dont like those websites.

I thought it was a broadband problem  but I am wondering  if it would be better with a laptop, therefore Chris if there is another member living in this area could you enquire what they use to upload and if they have any problems in doing so thanks

poe
quotePosted at 10:43 on 6th September 2019

Don't worry about uploading double, it's not a problem as it's easy for us to delete one, we're more worried about the inconvenience it is causing you. We don't know of anyone in your area using poe, but it is odd if other sites are working fine when adding images. We do plan to have the upload form improved, but it won't be until the revenue has started to improve on poe, which is our main focus right now, so I am really at a loss what to suggest. Perhaps if you visit someone over the coming weeks who has good wifi/broadband, you could take your tablet with you and try uploading from there. If a problem still, it is likely it is the tablet needs sorting.