Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Penmon

Penmon

in the county of Isle of Anglesey

The Castle at Herstmonceux

Herstmonceux

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Donations/ Membership Upgrade - Your support needed please

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:39 on 21st May 2011

Never was a truer sentence written CathyML...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:08 on 21st May 2011
On 21st May 2011 17:59, cathyml wrote:
ONLY WE CAN KEEP POE ALIVE !!

There is the sentence Ron refers to, to save you all having to look back, lol! 

(and because the thread needs to return to the top of the page - just in case any of you have missed it!)

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:55 on 21st May 2011

An e-mail to all members would be great Sally but the current members list is 6410 less the few of us who have already donated. Apart from trying to find a sponsor I would agree with a big flash notice but on the 'LATEST PICTURES' link. I suggest that is where the majority look first. I see many different names there compared to the relatively small number in the forums. Not a criticism of the forums by any means cos having looked through some of them there certainly seems to be a thriving community which adds to the uniqueness of the site.

Just out of interest Chris, Sarah how many 'stars' do you have to date?

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:10 on 21st May 2011
Just looked at the 'Latest Pictures' page and see that there is a small notice for the Premier membership. Don't know how possible this is Chris, Sarah but how about a big FLASHING notice under the LATEST PICTURES title, something that will grab attention
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:16 on 21st May 2011

Hi Dave and Sally. An email to the membership is being prepared by Chris and Sarah. I can also tell you that there are more members than the recorded list shows, because the earlier members are not shown in the list that you see. The bottom line is that there are more than 10,000 members of POE currently.

To see the number of 'Stars' Dave/Sally/Members go to the new Premier Membership button (top left of page) and click. It will take you to the new Premier Membership page where Chris and Sarah are asking for help. If you look for the second bullet point you can click on the word 'here' at the end of the paragraph. It will take you to the current list of 'Stars' allowing the membership to see exactly what is going on. Hope that makes sense but here is the link anyway:

http://www.picturesofengland.com/members/premier

Edited by: Ron Brind at:21st May 2011 22:04
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 23:04 on 21st May 2011

Hi Ron, Chris and Sarah! I see your Premier Membership ad in the left column at the top but it kind of blends in with the rest of the site. We need to make it bright blue or red as those colors really stand out.

I also think that it might be good to put a notice on the page where you submit pictures! That is the first place people go to put their pictures on the site. Well, just a suggestion. I sure hope it helps. Smile 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 23:39 on 21st May 2011
Hi CathyE. There are still several things that Chris and Sarah want to do to raise awareness of the situation, for example on the Submit Pictures page as you suggest, but it takes time. Believe me all suggestions will be looked at and considered by C&S otherwise it's goodnight POE!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 23:40 on 21st May 2011
On 21st May 2011 21:16, Ron Brind wrote:

Hi Dave and Sally. An email to the membership is being prepared by Chris and Sarah. I can also tell you that there are more members than the recorded list shows, because the earlier members are not shown in the list that you see. The bottom line is that there are more than 10,000 members of POE currently.

To see the number of 'Stars' Dave/Sally/Members go to the new Premier Membership button (top left of page) and click. It will take you to the new Premier Membership page where Chris and Sarah are asking for help. If you look for the second bullet point you can click on the word 'here' at the end of the paragraph. It will take you to the current list of 'Stars' allowing the membership to see exactly what is going on. Hope that makes sense but here is the link anyway

http://www.picturesofengland.com/members/premier

It will take you to the current list of 'Stars' allowing the membership to see exactly what is going on.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:22nd May 2011 10:44
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 11:25 on 22nd May 2011

The worry of not knowning if POE is going to be saved or not must be taking quite a toll of Chris & Sarah after their years of supporting and keeping it going.

Please members - send your donations NOW - not when it is too late.

Let's make sure there is not doubt about the continuation of this wonderful site.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 22:00 on 22nd May 2011

Bumping this to to the top.

It's very little to ask folks, a voluntary donation of whatever you can afford, not a membership fee.  Well worth every penny to be part of the BEST site on the www.