Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Marle Place Gardens, Brenchley, Kent - TN12 7HS

Brenchley

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

EXIF info

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:01 on 20th April 2015
Has anyone else noticed but I have a feeling that the EXIF info showing against photos uploaded is not correct. I have thought this for a while but only just checked my photos today. For instance the last few I put of the Humber Bridge (thanks for all the comments by the way much appreciated as usual) were taken on the 5D with Sigma 12-24 lens and all taken at mid to high f stops, f8-11-22 but on the EXIF info shown against the images on POE are all showing much wider stops, f4 etc. I have checked all the images against 2 editing programmes, one of which being Photoshop and both show what I expected f8-f22 etc. I have had this thought when using the Sigma 17-70 on the 500d but always assumed that was showing incorrect due to the lens having been bumped one time. Be interested to see if anyone has noticed similar occurences
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:58 on 20th April 2015
 Just had a check on a couple of my recent uploads and the EXIF reads pretty much the same- infact it seems to read to the first decimal where the properties on the computer read a rounded figure. I only checked a couple but they were for different cameras and similar results but will check one or two others later.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 11:30 on 21st April 2015
Now that I've got my EXIF info showing I've just checked a picture on POE (the hairy groyne at Spurn Point) against the EXIF info on both the iPad and laptop, both agree exactly with the EXIF info under the picture on POE. I know it's only one but it seems OK.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:45 on 21st April 2015
 Today's upload is correct as well Dave, only difference being the more accurate detail on POE while rounded up on the computer properties.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:03 on 21st April 2015

Well I am at a loss then. Have checked a lot of my photos as they have appeared on the random bar and all are showing very low f-stop values which totally differ with Photoshop and Faststone. Each programme showing much different results which are in line with what I would have used. Very rarely use low values for landscapes, usually more like  f8-11-16. So I really do not understand

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:04 on 22nd April 2015

I've just checked my latest two uploads to POE Dave, everything tallies with info on laptop and iPad.

I even downloaded an independent App onto the iPad to check with that and all is just the same. 

Edited by: rustyruth at:22nd April 2015 14:06
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 15:20 on 22nd April 2015
 Oh dear, do not like to think we have got Dave bemuddled, one question sir- is it only with the 5D or the 500D as well?   Or on the other hand is it with one or all lenses, it is time to put on a Poirot/Holmes/Barnaby/or Miss Marple head on.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 15:38 on 22nd April 2015
Seems to be both at the moment. Although I did originally think it was just the 17-70 on the 500D as that lens did at one time make contact with porcelain whilst trying to effect a 'comfort break' !!! But the weekends effors at the bridge with the 5D and 12-24 also seem to be showing incorrectly. However ain't gonna worry too much as I will be giving the 5D and all 3 lenses a good testing next week I hope and will see what happen then. But thanks for the input so far
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 16:52 on 22nd April 2015
Just be careful with the porcelain next week Dave, don't want any more mishaps Smile
David SwannPremier Member - Click for more info
David Swann
quotePosted at 17:40 on 22nd April 2015
If it's any help to you Dave, I have found that regardless of what aperture I use, they are nearly always recorded as f4 in the POE EXIF data. You may also be interested in the comment I made on Patrick Hogan's picture 1189449, and his reply.