'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

River Stour at Dedham

Flatford

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Pictures by numbers

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 16:02 on 15th May 2013

Having been absent for a while from POE I have taken time to have a good gander at comments on the forum, and after reading this one and "less is more" I submitted for approval a small amount of pics, and have taken time to give short historical and general blurb on them, it has taken me a full day to choose which photos and captions and information, check for mistakes and edit, all I can say is, you certainly do a sterling job Ron,Chris and Sarah  As for the quality of the photos, in my case typical Scottish weather, lack of light and grey'd out skies (it's the only excuse I can think of right now) I have tried to enhance some but it seems to be a thankless task. Sometimes our weather just doesn't want to play.  I have recently had another new camera and am still learning how to use the various settings, so please be kind and bear with me, I am waiting for the perfect blue skies to come before I take any with that one and post them, looks like it could be a long wait.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
quotePosted at 16:32 on 15th May 2013

We had a similar discussion on this point on another thread

recently & I also suggested a daily upload limit of 6 I think

& a maximum of 50 if no donation is made. Very selfish for a few

to upload lots of images & do nothing to help keep the site going .

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 16:41 on 15th May 2013
Yes, read that thread too, and I have put 7 on today, and like I said it has taken me a full day to check everything, perhaps if the mass uploaders were to be as discerning as the majority of members then the amount and quality would surely improve. Alternatively pay your subs and become a premier member and stop riding on the back of those of us who care enough to subscribe and wear our star with pride on being a member of an outstanding brilliant site with outstanding brilliant people.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 17:12 on 15th May 2013
Hi karen and welcome back.....where you been hiding ???
Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 17:19 on 15th May 2013
Lots of travelling, Working but am now kind of retired, have started doing voluntary work and am as busy as ever, busy doing my crafts looking after my animals and hedgehog society work,gardening, you name it I am probably doing it. James sent me an e-mail, and prompted me to get back here, realised i'd missed everyone, so here I am.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 17:48 on 15th May 2013
 Well, the chestnut is still here and I really do think all of us regulars here ( gold stars included) are singing off of the same hymn sheet. The sheet does need to be shared around more but the question is how to get them to read it? As has already been said the forum is of little interest and probably never visited AND do the the multi uploaders ever look at other folk's work let alone pass a comment themselves but probably relish one when they get a comment themselves. Yes a daily upload of somewhere between 5 and 10 sounds about right and a compulsory description ( time and programming permitting) would be much better, I have said before that doing a description takes one longer therefore self regulating number of uploads in any set space of time.
Zbigniew Siwik
Zbigniew Siwik
quotePosted at 06:25 on 16th May 2013

I agree too . Daily limit between 5 and 10 pictures 

seems to me the best 

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 10:32 on 17th May 2013

I raised this old chestnut again, I suppose partly out of frustration at looking at the new images submitted to POE and being treated to endless images that really should have been pruned down before being sent to the site. I will now not raise this issue again as I realize that the owners of POE have a huge job to do and very well they do it too. I would hate to be confronted, like them with huge batches of pictures which would require far more time by them to edit / reject than it took the owners of the pictures to rather selfishly “bang them off down the line”.  

I love this site, warts and all.      

Frustration now vented.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:21 on 17th May 2013
LOL@Rod.... Thanks Mate!
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 17:48 on 17th May 2013

And a final cheers to you Ron. You are truly doing a great job.