Lyndhurst

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of Guildford

Guildford

in the county of Surrey

St. John the Baptist

Coltishall

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Please help identify property in Photo

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:38 on 12th February 2011

Joanna - sorry I need to make an amendment to Death of  Francis Casar (sic) Beauvais - he died in the Dec Quarter of 1943 in Beverley, Yorkshire, not 1843!

One of the problems with not "seeing" the posts might be that you are not returning to "Latest Posts" and then looking at this thread again when it has been updated.  Rather go "in and out of the thread" than keeping the thread open on your computer.  It doesn't automatically update!

If you press the "Refresh" button, you are likely to get double posting of your message.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 20:33 on 12th February 2011

You mention the Rev. Canon as thought it's his surname. Is this correct? The Reverend Canon is a title as well and might be what is actualy being referred to thence his name then added to it. 

As for his church in London, as Reverend Canon, I'd be initially having a look at St Paul's cathedral; possibly Westminster Abbey.  If we might have his surname; the sort of year he passed away, it shouldn't take too long to track him down as to who he was.

Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 22:46 on 12th February 2011
In 1829, a James Thomas Beauvais, gentleman of Kirk Gate, was listed amongst Bridlington's distinguished residents. I wonder who he was?

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:12th February 2011 22:47
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 07:49 on 13th February 2011

It would appear that Francis C Beauvais parents were divorced in 1880.  Unusual  in those times.

Divorces & Matrimonial Causes 578

6658 Francis Robert Thomas Beauvais vs Sarah Beavais & Newcombe!

Joanna Weaver
Joanna Weaver
quotePosted at 08:00 on 13th February 2011
On 12th February 2011 22:46, Paul Hilton wrote:
In 1829, a James Thomas Beauvais, gentleman of Kirk Gate, was listed amongst Bridlington's distinguished residents. I wonder who he was?

How do I get into the Thread with all the enquiries that you all kindly answered? I cannot see where any Thread is. my email is joannagstaad at hotmail.co uk 

Joanna I have alterned your email to prevent scammers from picking it up and making a nuisance of themselves.  Should any member want to contact you they do so by clicking on your name or avatar, going to your profile page and selecting the "contact" button.  They can then email you securely. Cathy

Edited by: cathyml at:13th February 2011 10:28
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 09:20 on 13th February 2011
There is no other Thread Joanna; all the information that myself and Cathy have added here has come from a wide variety of sources for your evaluation that you might like to add about your family if not already known about beforehand.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 09:20 on 13th February 2011
On 12th February 2011 18:38, cathyml wrote:

Joanna - sorry I need to make an amendment to Death of  Francis Casar (sic) Beauvais - he died in the Dec Quarter of 1943 in Beverley, Yorkshire, not 1843!

One of the problems with not "seeing" the posts might be that you are not returning to "Latest Posts" and then looking at this thread again when it has been updated.  Rather go "in and out of the thread" than keeping the thread open on your computer.  It doesn't automatically update!

If you press the "Refresh" button, you are likely to get double posting of your message.

Whoops.  Too many assumptions.  This Francis Ceasar  was christened 5 Mar 1814 in Ulrome and died in 1843.  He was the son of Joseph Thomas Beauvais (born 1791) and Mary North (also born 1791).  They were married 30 Apr 1813 in York or 1 May 1813 in Ulrome (not sure why there are 2 marriage dates).

So far I have traced the following children of Joseph Thomas and Mary North:

Francis Ceasar christened 5 Mar 1814 Ulrome, Hudson ch 6 May 1815 Ulrome, Robert North ch 4 Aug 1816 Ulrome, Sarah ch 2 Nov 1817 Ultome, Mary ch 12 Apr 1819 Ulrome, Ann Theresa ch 15 Nov 1823 Bridlington, Joseph James ch 9 Apr 1828 Bridlington and Thomas John ch 23 Jul 1830 died Feb 1835 Bridlington.

Hudson Beauvais married Eleanora Maria Hall 17 Dec 1842 at Christ Church Tynemouth

Francis Robert Thomas Beauvais was born 26 Sep 1843 Tynemouth Northumberland and christened 20 Oct 1843, son of Hudson & Eleanor

John Hall Beauvais was born 14 Sep 1845 and christened 8 Oct 1845 at Tynemouth, also son of Hudson & Eleanor.

Eleanor Maria Beauvais died Dec 1847 and was buried 8 Dec 1847 Bridlington.

Hudson was still alive aged 75 in 1891 - off to search for him.

Joanna Weaver
Joanna Weaver
quotePosted at 10:19 on 13th February 2011
You are so kind and helpful thank you for all the information it is incredible. You are all doing a brilliant job on doing Genealogy. Yes I have found you at last but where has the picture gone now at the top also where have all the previous posts gone too?? I do not know how to use these sites but will get used to it. How does one transfer it all to my profile? It is wonderful you are finding out so much. I am pretty sure the name was Rev Canon but do not have any ref to him now that the Paper has gone and it is a long time ago. But thought that Rev Canon was related to De Beauvais.

Regarding the Coat of Arms on the picture would this site tell us anything on it http://www.ehow.com/how_5664950_identify-coat-arms.html#ixzz1DkwrmPVt

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 10:24 on 13th February 2011

Joanna - there are 4 "pages " to this thread now.  At the top and bottom of this column you will see 1, 2, 3, 4.  If you click on the "1" you will get back to the original post/message with the picture.

I am sure you will soon find your way around the threads.

Joanna Weaver
Joanna Weaver
quotePosted at 10:30 on 13th February 2011

Regarding: In 1829, a James Thomas Beauvais, gentleman of Kirk Gate, was listed amongst Bridlington's distinguished residents. I wonder who he was?
Did you manage to find out why Kirk Gate was listed amongst Bridlington's distingusihed residents?