Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sikh Temple nearing completion

Gravesend

in the county of Kent

The Church of St Mary the Virgin at South Baddesley, Hampshire.

South Baddesley

in the county of Hampshire

Marle Place Gardens, Brenchley, Kent - TN12 7HS

Brenchley

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The 'POE List' for Service Comments, Good or Bad!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:22 on 18th July 2014

You know John, just had a gander and the website promotes what looks like a very nice hotel with the shots on the website. Obviously they make it look good when in practice it is a totally different story. This remind me of a similar situation we had, great looking hotel on the website but once you are there not the same story, in our case it was not dirty I am glad to say but was very drab, well overdue any decorating and very very awkward being on the slope that it was ( good job Lisa was not with us on that trip ). Well I am glad to say that that particular hotel that was in Truro is now flattened and about to be a block of retirement flats- although that steep slope is still there so question the choice of location for retirement appartments.

I do hope you get some positive feedback John. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:25 on 19th July 2014
On 18th July 2014 13:40, Ron Brind wrote:

Asda again I'm afraid.

Their carrier bags stink like you wouldn't believe. Is it a ploy to get us to stop using them, or did the manufacturer drop a dead rat or two into the mix? Honestly, you won't want to keep them in your cupboard!

They smell so much that we throw them out immediately Edward. We don't even use them for bin liners as we have previously done.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 06:27 on 19th July 2014
On 18th July 2014 23:09, John Lawrence wrote:
Don't be tempted to book into a Brittannia Hotel the one Coventry sheould be called a hovel, I am sending the CEO a few pics, all emails bounce back and the website does not have a complaint facility.  I have written a review on trip advisor.

Have you got the correct email address John?

Here is a useful link for when you want to complain http://www.ceoemail.com/ every UK Company CEO.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 07:57 on 21st July 2014
I see the hotel has some poor reviews as well as yours John. All the best with your complaint. Sounds like an awful place.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:38 on 22nd July 2014
Now for something very different...

I was helping out a colleague with some fencing and had the fortunate experience of being introduced to the following Company who supply nails for Pasdlode Nail Guns among other things and wow what a brilliant company to deal with!

Craig Sandeman is the Managing Director at:

NAILFAST
Units 4-5 Nobel Court, Nobel Road
Wester Gourdie Industrial Estate
Dundee, Angus, Scotland, UK, DD2 4UH

tel: 01382 622 993
fax: 01382 612 993 (sales) www.nailfast.co.uk

Their full title: The Dundee Nail Company Limited trading as Nailfast, Scot-Nail and S&G Fastenings.

A fantastic Company to deal with, a Company who really do care about customer relations! You will find them on Ebay also and they really are the cheapest bar none, with a great product.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 22:11 on 23rd July 2014

I agree, nice to read a good one Ron.

You keep at em John. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:14 on 25th July 2014
Glad something is happening John--keep at em.Wink
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 18:28 on 25th July 2014
Nice to see that you have had some sort of result John.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:50 on 8th August 2014

Local Builder - review for Oxford Construction Company.com

Anybody considering using a builder (well thats what he calls himself) throughout Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire  trading as Oxford Construction Company.com and operated by David 'Badger' Nelms should think long and hard! His Limited Company was liquidated September 2013, but he still claims to be a Director on his facebook account.

A friend of mine had him build a kitchen and garage. They left the job in such a mess that SODC Building Control have been notified, along with Trading Standards and a Court case is looming.

A few of the defects include lack of insulation in the cavity walls, minimal sand on the garage floor screed and badly fitting double glazed doors. He was forever adding 'extras' that he claimed were not in the Contract, always wanted cash and regularly failed to turn up.

He has no staff, employs sub-contractors on an ad hoc basis and then refuses to pay them claiming faulty, or bad work. An electrician contracted by Nelms went to my friends house, walked into the garage, pulled the plug in the consumer unit and then refused to turn the electricity back on unless he was paid his £500 (by the owner of the property). He demanded payment from my friend despite being contracted by David 'Badger' Nelms who previously refused to pay him. My friend was frightened, alone and paid the electrician who reinstated the supply. It was reported to Thames Valley Police who said "it's a civil matter" which I think is very wrong advice! 

He claimed to be Gas Safe and NICEIC certified, but they have caught up with him for misuse of their logos and they have finally been removed from his website. There are other comments that I could make including what I believe to be an exaggerated insurance claim, but that is ongoing so I will leave that for now.

For the last 5 years he has managed to take his family to Florida each year, something that the average family can afford maybe once in a lifetime!

Be warned, give this so-called builder a very wide berth.

Regarding another matter, my wife is receiving telephone calls (number witheld of course) saying "Your husband is messing about on Horspath Caravan Park. Just thought I'd let you know because I had it done to me a couple of years ago". Fortunately my wife is sufficiently adult and sensible enough not be concerned about this pathetic individual, whoever it might be, but rest assured I am taking steps to find you.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:8th August 2014 13:36
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 09:48 on 8th August 2014
Sounds like this Nelms bloke is a candidate for that TV programme, is it Watchdog or one of those Rip Off type of shows.