Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Andrews Church

Slaidburn

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 07:14 on 3rd June 2008
On 2nd June 2008 16:59, Karen Pugh wrote:

I can't believe i'm gonna be 40 in a few days time.  It doesn't seem that long ago I was 30.  Will everything go downhill from now on?  Or do I live it up?  I don't want to be 40 - I'm going to go back to 35.  Now I'm rambling on, I'm cracking up.  Please tell me everything will be ok.

Well I'm glad Iv'e got that out of my system - lets partyLaughing

Hi Karen:  A most happy birthday to you.  I'm having the 13th anniversary of my 40th birthday this year! Smile

As for your question, you'll be fine if you keep fit.  40 seems to be the beginning of the use it or lose it stage of life.  But living in Cumbria, that should't be a problem.  It doesn't seem like you have any shortage of beautiful places to hike with a feast for the eyes around every corner.  So have a great one!  And what could be better than having Denzil serenade you for your birthday?!?!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 07:24 on 3rd June 2008
Do you sing the by the way Denzil? I bet your favourite song is 'I Got a Bran New Combine 'Arvester' Music!   It was my birthday last March, its a pity you werem't in this forum then, I'm missing out on getting a birthday wish. FrownLaughing
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 07:29 on 3rd June 2008
Hi Lyn:  He may have gone out to do chores, but I'm sure he'll wish you a belated one.  Me too.  Talk to you soon.
L
L
quotePosted at 07:35 on 3rd June 2008
LOL Ruth, sleep well
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 09:41 on 3rd June 2008

Happy birtdhay for the 10th Karen. I am about to turn 50, and can tell you that it makes 40 look a breeze. I am going to agree with Ruth and tell you to do all you can to keep fit. I have let myself go a little, but will get back to my fit state really soon, but the key is not to let yourself go to start with.

I found my 40's to be the best years of my life, and I think that allot of women feel the same way. Don't fret over it just enjoy it.

Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 07:47 on 10th June 2008
Well it's finally here, and trust me I'm not feeling too goodFrownI will have to get better for my party at the weekend won't I.
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 08:24 on 10th June 2008
On 10th June 2008 07:47, Karen Pugh wrote:
Well it's finally here, and trust me I'm not feeling too good

Bad start, Karen; read Sue's post above ! .. Just get rid of any negativity and treat yourself to a big party this weekend! Wink

Happy Birthday !
Maria Grazia 
L
L
quotePosted at 08:32 on 10th June 2008
Happy birthday Karen! Being 40 is not the end of the world, I cant even remember being 40, I just take each day as it comes and live life to the full as far as I can. Dont worry about yesterday, its gone so nothing you can do about it, dont worry about tomorrow cos its not here yet, just take each day as it comes and enjoy yourself!! There's an old saying... ' Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday' ....how true. 40 is just another birthday!
SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 09:56 on 10th June 2008

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Karen Smile

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 10:53 on 10th June 2008
Happy Birthday Karen! Have a great one! Smile