Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Alton Tower - Taken By David Thomas Sept 2001

Alton

in the county of Staffordshire

The Anglican Parish Church at Ripley, Derbyshire.

Ripley

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Website POE slow to load on IE - does anybody else have this problem?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:52 on 13th June 2008
I've noticed over the last few days that POE has become a lot slower to load when I open up a new browser! Is anybody else having a similar problem? I am currently using IE6 and am aware that IE7 update is available, but it somehow seems not to be compatible on my PC. If I load POE from Firefox it's much quicker, almost instant in fact. OK, I know some smart a..e will say well use Firefox instead but I would like to know what the reason for it is, so is anybody having the same problem? Regards Ron
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 13:16 on 13th June 2008

I downloaded IE7. Wish I had stuck with IE6. Ie7 is a pain in he bum. Its slow and I cant download half the stuff that I want. Dont get it. Just my thoughts on the matter.

I use cable broadband, and it is quite fast. I dont have any problems with loading POE at all. Try loading POE through google, that works quite fast too.

L
L
quotePosted at 15:00 on 13th June 2008
I never use IE, its far too slow for me, I use Firefox and upgraded it to load in  FASTTTTT which it does! I'm on 20mg broadband speed too so maybe that helps lol
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:38 on 13th June 2008
Thanks Peter, I already loaded IE7 and then dumped it and went back to IE6 because it gave me so many problems and Lyn, I agree Firefox is so much faster but I wonder what the 'clever one' will have to say about it? So c'mon 'clever one' whats the problem, indeed are you having the same problem? And just so that there is no misunderstanding, like perhaps Andy or Denzil answering to the 'clever one', I am talking about the lovely Maria! (MG)
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:32 on 13th June 2008

The problems that I have had with IE6 has prompted me to use Firefox, and well it's so much faster that I can happily recommend everybody to at least take a look at it! Fantastic, I'll be using it permanently from now on, it's very fast!!

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 18:27 on 13th June 2008
Did someone call? No, seriously, you're all too impatient. What the heck does it matter if it takes a long time, try driving up and down the M1 all day, you'll soon learn to chill out. Good things are worth waiting for.........20meg broadband pah. Two years ago you'd have been happy with the time it takes now, the world ought to slow down, take it easy blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. Thanks.
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 18:28 on 13th June 2008
I'll give that firefox a go Ron, it sounds great. Must dash!
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 19:02 on 13th June 2008

DId you run the usual anti-spyware scans, Ron?  That's the first thing before anything else .   Use Ad-aware and Spybot ( or any other program that you trust).

No, seriously, you're all too impatient. The world ought to slow down, take it easy,,......

...said the white van man ..;-)

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 19:11 on 13th June 2008
On 13th June 2008 19:02, MariaGrazia wrote:

No, seriously, you're all too impatient. The world ought to slow down, take it easy,,......

...said the white van man ..;-)

Sounds like something Denzil would say. He looks so laid back in his picture.
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 19:18 on 13th June 2008
White van man? Sign written white van if you please!! Yes, I expect Denzil might say something like that Sue, he's an astute man, and very laid back. In fact he's so laid back, he's reclining. Very comfy.
1 2 3 4 Next >