Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

It appears I can't comment on the last topic!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 08:34 on 19th May 2008
I'll be very quick and to the point here, but remember this is only my personal opinion. Copyright infringement is a serious issue, if Roys' pictures were for sale there would be one hell of a problem here. The title of this part of the forum is 'report a problem'. The forum is for all members to have their say and for all members to read.....bar none. As far as I can see, Roy has brought a serious matter to the attention of all POE members and I think that he was completely justified in his actions. It has been dealt with in a very satisfactory way and in good time. It reassures me and other members that this sort of thing won't happen again hopefully. Thank you POE for your attention and action in this matter. Andy.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:07 on 19th May 2008

I absolutely agree Andy that is the very point, but I don't understand why you title the thread the way you do because this is exactly what the forum is about, isn't it? We can all have our say, and of course we no doubt will each have a different opinion! Of course Roy was justified in bringing it to the attention of POE, and as you say it has been dealt with in a very satisfactory manner.

However, regarding the matter of copyright infringement. Had there have been any ongoing claim the issue would be between those who a). Owned the Copyright and b). He/She who used it without permission. The fact that POE removed it immediately shows their resolve and goodwill. Further, when we submit photographs to POE we agree that it is our own work, thus my comment that the issue would be between the two parties involved. The fact that POE is working in all our interests should reassure all members, as you say........happy driving Andy!

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 10:08 on 19th May 2008
Thanks Ron, the title is a little misleading. I couldn't put a comment on 'swans' because the 'Please enter your post below and click Post' box had disappeared for some reason. Now I'm writing in bold! Doh!!
MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 10:12 on 19th May 2008
 It has been dealt with in a very satisfactory way and in good time. It reassures me and other members that this sort of thing won't happen again hopefully. Thank you POE for your attention and action in this matter.

Absolutely, Andy. Chris and Sarah have been impeccable and I join you in thanking them.

As far as the issue made of public domain, that was Roy's right.  Neverthless, all the matter appears to have been a mistake and I think we all trust that, whenever we find ourselves in culpable position, we might be asked questions first and, in case, shot later.

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 10:35 on 19th May 2008
On 19th May 2008 10:08, Andy Edwards wrote:
Thanks Ron, the title is a little misleading. I couldn't put a comment on 'swans' because the 'Please enter your post below and click Post' box had disappeared for some reason. Now I'm writing in bold! Doh!!

Many apologies Andy, not your fault or gremlins at work there, the 'Swans' thread was locked for a temporary minute or so as I was about to close the thread for good with a final statement, as the matter has totally been resolved to a satisfactory and happy conclusion and serves no further purpose. It's now been unlocked again so you can have your say. Sorry about that. We were not trying to prevent people having their say or sensor the forum in any way, we just don't want the community to become unsettled or anyone to get upset, as you're all a really really great bunch of people!! On reflection we should have closed the topic the moment it was dealt with, as now that opinions are being posted in it it's more difficult to find the right time to close it. Roy's happy with the outcome, that's the main thing as far as we are concerned, as it was a big worry for us and of course for Roy, and as far as we are concerned now, it's case closed, end of.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 20:18 on 25th May 2008

Thank you POE. Its nice to know that you are on the ball and do allow discusions to carry on.

The only time I have downloaded photo's, was some of my own that I lost when my hard drive crashed. The downloaded photo's were not the same size that I posted and were useless to me. Fortunately, I found backups hidden away and now have the originals again. I cant understand how a dowloaded photo from the ones posted are of any real use to anyone, due to the download size. You couldnt try to sell them as your own because the downloaded quality is not up to publishing standards.

Please login to post to this thread...