Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The little thatched church at Little Stretton, Shropshire

Little Stretton

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Swine Flu up by 50% here in the UK just this last week!!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:59 on 13th October 2009

Hope Erin is making progress Krissy because that temperature is far too high!!

Lol @ Peter who is soaking up the sun by the coast, boy didn't he pick the right time to go on holiday?

And Debbie, I think the point that you make is that it can get the fit and healthy just as easily.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 13:36 on 13th October 2009
Right Ron, One of our local schools may have to close up because about 80% of there students and staff are out with this !! Pretty scary!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:42 on 13th October 2009
Crikey, you lot getting the flu jab yet? Obviously it's not going to help those who have contracted it is it, although my understanding is that 'tamiflu' or whatever its called helps to reduce the effects by some two or three days. We need a POE power prayer asking for help. Maybe the virus will catch a virus and fizzle out? Joking, but serious stuff, hope it all works out in a satisfactory way for you guys.
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 13:46 on 13th October 2009
Yes the Tamiflu does help some if starting it at the right time and if you do not have other illness. Working around sick ppl all day i bet i wash my hands a hundred times or more a day and sanatize like crazy lucky we have not seen it in out office yet but we have had several cases at the hospital.. I think your right lots of prayers need to go out for this.
Kahu
Kahu
quotePosted at 07:24 on 1st November 2009

This year has really been a nightmare for us ... two daughters pregnant, one baby dead and one only now beginning to thrive. Swine flu seems to affect the very young, the pregnant or someone who has an underlying health problem eg respiratory, renal, heart etc

As we change seasons the swine flu outbreak has diminshed somewhat here in the southern hemisphere ... but now we're seeing the infection being reimported from the northern hemisphere. Japanese school girls, Mexican teenagers, and air passengers through LAX in particular.

NZ Statistics
Confirmed cases: 3175
Hospitalised cases: 1
Intensive care cases: 0
Associated deaths: 18
International Statistics
Aus confirmed deaths:185
UK confirmed deaths: 84
US confirmed deaths: 2029

Tamiflu is effective in the early stages of swine flu but totally ineffective against seasonal flu.A number of people seem to be against vaccination on very thin grounds and this is the one sure way that we could stop this epidemic in its tracks.

http://www.swineflu.org.nz/

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:49 on 1st November 2009
Sorry to hear that sad news Kahu. Condolences to your family.
Kahu
Kahu
quotePosted at 07:54 on 1st November 2009
We've got one thriving grandson at 3.5kgs Stephanie. Just take all the precautions you can against this flu, vaccinations, hygiene,  whatever ... this flu's no joke!
 Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4