Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Orford Cottages

Orford

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Are the British Heavy Drinkers?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 20:16 on 14th July 2010
Oh, drinking it from a glass is fine--I meant from the bottle rather than from the tap to the glass.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Diana Kibbe
Diana Kibbe
quotePosted at 02:47 on 26th July 2010
Are the British heavy drinkers???  Not anymore than Americans, Germans, or Italians.  Watching too many episodes of Lovejoy Mysteries, I guess one can't help but think.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:48 on 14th August 2010
With the price of a pint of beer currently standing at about £3 (down south anyway) it's a wonder there are any pubs still open. Who can afford to pay those silly prices?
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:54 on 14th August 2010

most of the people on benefits ron they are the only ones who can drink regular the ordinary working man cant afford to.

i pay £1-60 for a pint of bitter in some places its £2-20 upwards.

Dave Thatcher
Dave Thatcher
quotePosted at 21:39 on 14th August 2010
On 14th August 2010 20:54, james prescott wrote:

most of the people on benefits ron they are the only ones who can drink regular the ordinary working man cant afford to.

i pay £1-60 for a pint of bitter in some places its £2-20 upwards.

£1.60 a pint!!! I'm thinking of moving house, where in the Country are those prices?
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:44 on 14th August 2010
and its just gone up dave,5 weeks ago it was £1-55. this price is only on certain afternoons i think its £2-10 after 6pm. " john smiths "
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 14:19 on 15th August 2010
On 14th August 2010 21:44, james prescott wrote:
and its just gone up dave,5 weeks ago it was £1-55. this price is only on certain afternoons i think its £2-10 after 6pm. " john smiths "
sorry dave,my mistake  it isnt £1-60 its £1-80 but still cheap enough so you can still move to lancashire.
Toby Craig
Toby Craig
quotePosted at 22:49 on 15th August 2010
Hic... !
Diana Kibbe
Diana Kibbe
quotePosted at 23:55 on 15th August 2010
I shrink shoooooo much!  here in America a pint of beer is about $5-7 depending where you go.  In my part of the states anyway.
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 10:53 on 11th September 2010

I suppose we British are probably heavy drinkers. I'm from Liverpool, a city blessed like most with many pubs and bars to suit all tastes. Drinking is a part of our social lives and pubs great places to meet people. Having been to Germany, Poland and Spain for holidays and business I think that most Europeans to like a social drink in places other than just their homes. It's easy to take an extra glass or two when out in such places. Like it or not, it's part of our culture, and I can't imagine it will change in the near future. Thank goodness that drinking and driving has now been reduced and the image of a drunken person behind the wheel is one that is distasteful to most of us.  

As a chap who likes the odd pint and taking pictures, I love capturing the fine old pubs we are blessed with and popping in for a quick glass is great fun.     

Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5