Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Pothcothan beach in April

Porthcothan

in the county of Cornwall

Boats on beach

Selsey

a Seaside Town in the county of West Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Markets in England

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Pam Quinton
Pam Quinton
quotePosted at 20:02 on 6th July 2008
On 6th July 2008 16:33, Ruth Gregory wrote:

Hi Pam:  Welcome!  I just had a quiick glance at a few of your shots.  I LOVE this one:

York City Walls, North Yorkshire
Picture by pam quinton

York is wonderful!  Looking forward to viewing the rest of your stuff.  Enjoy POE!

Thank you Ruth. That was last yearI loved York too. Will be posting some new pictures soon.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Pam Quinton
Pam Quinton
quotePosted at 20:09 on 6th July 2008
On 6th July 2008 16:33, Ruth Gregory wrote:

Hi Pam:  Welcome!  I just had a quiick glance at a few of your shots.  I LOVE this one:

Thank you' That was last year. I love York too. I am going to be posting this years soon.

York City Walls, North Yorkshire
Picture by pam quinton

York is wonderful!  Looking forward to viewing the rest of your stuff.  Enjoy POE!

Pam Quinton
Pam Quinton
quotePosted at 20:21 on 6th July 2008
On 6th July 2008 19:59, pam quinton wrote:
On 6th July 2008 19:26, Ron Brind wrote:

>>>Can you prove that grey stone fire place belonged to this Bloemfontein Guy?

The simple answer Pam is yes! I have a letter of authenticity from the owner of the house from where it was removed from the Master Bedroom as it was removed, and before they were going to put in on the dumpster during refurbishment. I agree, it's not the most handsome piece, but there will be many in the USA who would like to get their hands on it! It is original J R R Tolkien memorabilia and that makes it special!  

I am sure it is special !! Even a strand of hair from one of the Beatles would be special and i seriously am not being sarcastic.Although I have never tried it the dumpster is sometimes the best place to look for specials and its free.Go well. It  just struck me. Did you get that fireplace for FREE!!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:36 on 6th July 2008
Believe it or not, it was actually offered to me for the taking, but I was not prepared to accept that and did pay for it. I needed to have a contractual deal paying with a 'coin of the realm' so to speak and it was at that time that I asked for the letter of authenticity, which was readily prepared and handed to me. Right Pam, now how much are you going to offer me for it? At present I am talking to a Company in China who may be prepared to make replica's based on the original....fun times eh? 
Pam Quinton
Pam Quinton
quotePosted at 17:29 on 7th July 2008
On 6th July 2008 15:28, Lyn Greenaway wrote:
Hi Pam, can't remember if I welcomed you to POE or not, so I'm welcoming you now. I'm glad you had a good time here in old Blighty but why did you take the nice weather back with you? lol its raining on and off all day here!

See my reply. Forgot to click on your post
Pam Quinton
Pam Quinton
quotePosted at 17:49 on 7th July 2008
On 6th July 2008 21:36, Ron Brind wrote:
Believe it or not, it was actually offered to me for the taking, but I was not prepared to accept that and did pay for it. I needed to have a contractual deal paying with a 'coin of the realm' so to speak and it was at that time that I asked for the letter of authenticity, which was readily prepared and handed to me. Right Pam, now how much are you going to offer me for it? At present I am talking to a Company in China who may be prepared to make replica's based on the original....fun times eh? 

The fireplace does not speak to me. If it was mine I would welcome the 250,000 dollars IF I had that kind of money gold is speaking very loudly right now. Love my antique dolls and miniature silver items.Found the uglyist (Spelling? ) porringer recently in South Africa(in case you think I am taking your heritage out of the U.K.)   It said ---check me out carefully!!! I had this feeling it was Cape silver from South Africa and our branch of Sotheby's in S.A. Stephen Welz in assoc with Sotheby's said no we don't think so and I insisted on a thorough check. It seems as if another example has been found in a museum in S. Africa but not yet confirmed.The hallmark is very rubbed. So here is holding thumbs it may well be a prize piece.
Pam Quinton
Pam Quinton
quotePosted at 12:01 on 12th July 2008
On 26th March 2008 20:07, Ron Brind wrote:

Hi Pam and welcome to the best site on the net!

Douglas has about hit the nail on the head, but there are plenty of boot sales (flea markets to those in the USA) where you can still pick up rubbish, sorry antiques, to sell on.

J R R Tolkien was from South Africa so how about this little gem? See http://www.picturesofengland.com/oxford/cslewistours/memorabilia/tolkienmemorabilia.html and its all mine! Probably likely to remain that way for that price, but the idea was to alert people to what I am trying to achieve here in Oxford.....an awareness of C. S. Lewis which barely exists currently!!

URGENT !!! URGENT!!! response wanted!!!! I could not believe it when I read in Cape Towns week-end argus that a demolition man  Stephen Walton  had obtained permission to sell the fireplace of Tolkien and a postcard dated 1968 and addressed to Tolkien. I thought you owned this fireplace Ron ?So Ron are you pulling a corky??
 Please login to post to this thread...