Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

VIEW ACROSS THE PARK AREA TO THE AMUSEMENTS

Leysdown-on-Sea

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

spring in the cotswolds.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 22:51 on 22nd April 2010
lol I forgot to add, the guy from the cotswolds bought his 4 stars on his b+b sign from B&Q. He admitted they were not on on merit, the couple from lincolnshire won , by the way!!! No surprise there then lol
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 06:19 on 23rd April 2010

Dear Michael I fully agree with you that Cotswolds are not the only beautiful place in England.In fact after seeing pictures of Yorkshire,Lancashire,Derbyshire,the lake district etc.I have realized how beautiful these areas are.In fact I remember commenting in one of Sue Bristo's pictures that her photos of Lancashire have made me fall in love with that area and I mean to visit it on my next trip to your beautiful country!

By the way my country is very fascinating too.Have you ever visited India?

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 06:28 on 23rd April 2010

I've not been to India, Urmi, but I'd love to go.

Hmm, I'm learning more and more about England all the time by visiting this site.  I agree with you, Urmi, Sue Bristo's pictures of Lancashire must surely have really been taken in heaven.  My idea of heaven is North Yorkshire.  When my ship comes in and I'm independently wealthy and can live anywhere I want (yeah, right), Undecided

I'm moving to Yorkshire.

Still waiting for that green card, Ron. Laughing

Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 06:34 on 23rd April 2010
Ruth we would love to have you here .Welcome!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 06:37 on 23rd April 2010

Hi Urmi.  Thank you, and the feeling is mutual, if you ever want to visit Arizona.  I'm just about to head to bed, it's 10:30PM Thursday.  What time is it there?

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 06:41 on 23rd April 2010
When you are ready to do your world tour Ruth & Urmi there is a place here for you too!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 06:48 on 23rd April 2010

Oh, yes, S. Africa's on this list too, Cathy.  Thank you.  If I can just get the British Isles out of my system....

Lovely avatar, BTW.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 06:52 on 23rd April 2010
Thanks Ruth! Like most of my photos on POE its about 25 years ago!! "Those were the days, my friend"!
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 08:27 on 23rd April 2010

thank you ladies for your reasoning. I have nothing against the Cotswolds, its a lovely place but sometimes its inhabitants appear to be so smug thinking that the rest of the country are Chav's living on a 'council estate' lol.

I am well traveled, I did not get to India (Ivisited the Malives though) but when the media portray India they usualy show the slums when I'm sure it has a beautifl side to it. Likewise Africa, (nearest I got was north africa) they show the famine areas, which I'm sure exist but there is also a beatiful side to Africa. And Ruth yes the US has some lovely places to visit. Sue Britows pictures depict  the area around her home inrural Lancashire and beleive it or not she only lives about 15 miles from Blackpool. The exiting thrills of the largest, modernest coastal fun park in Europe may not be everyones 'cup of tea' but if its 'History' you want, we've got the lot, if its beautiful hill walking countryside or coastal walks, quaint villages or bustling cities to match any the UK has to offer, lancashire has got the lot. But to be fair, most other counties in the UK have simular to offer, I've said it before, its the warm welcoming people of the North west that make it special, you wont hear us say Its' Grim down South' (and parts are), or say 'I wont go down South' with an arogant attitude.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:45 on 23rd April 2010
On 23rd April 2010 06:52, cathyml wrote:
Thanks Ruth! Like most of my photos on POE its about 25 years ago!! "Those were the days, my friend"!
And the rest!! Lol