Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Those magnificent men in their flying machines

Guildford

in the county of Surrey

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Coronation Street!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

Meg Smith
Meg Smith
quotePosted at 18:53 on 15th April 2008

Well! Somebody had to start one! Laughing

We are about 6 months behind here in Canada, I know Australia is also behind but poor New Zealand is a whopping 2 years back!

I'm sad everytime the olympics come around because they pre-empt Corrie and back we go even further! Darn you CBC! Why can't we play catch-up?? Ah well, I've found a good site to get a fix from. It has visual updates from all over as well as recent ones from UK if I want to cheat and look ahead!

http://www.csvu.net/

P.S. Do any of you understand what poor Ashley is saying?? I'm not too bad at accents, but his isVERY tough to get around!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 20:18 on 15th April 2008
Can't help you there Meg sorry, I never watch it lol
Wanda Marshall
Wanda Marshall
quotePosted at 21:32 on 22nd April 2008
Hi Meg, I just starting watching Cornation Street, my son watched it for years- well, the judge is out on this one I like it because the people on it seem to be human, not all rich, the non working class.  Sometimes a little to much drama for me - the family gives me all I can handle.  We get Corry every Sunday from 8:30 to 10:00 all the weeks shows.  Corry is interrupted here because of the hockey playoffs, but get a cup of tea and sit down on Sunday and don't move until it's over, that's my policy.
Meg Smith
Meg Smith
quotePosted at 13:02 on 23rd April 2008
Ha! Wow, Wanda, thats my time as well. Folks around my house know breakfast will be started when the last strains of the Corrie theme finish! I have also hooked my MIL to it and now she wants to go visit. I'm hoping she wants company Innocent.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:39 on 23rd April 2008
Why do you want to watch Coronation Street, it's rubbish!

quote | editPosted at 19:43 on 23rd April 2008

Have to agree with you there Ron....it wasn't always so...but it is now.

L
L
quotePosted at 20:59 on 23rd April 2008
Have to agree with you both here Ron and Sue G-R,  its mindbendingly boring..yawnnnnnnn.  I'd rather watch paint dry now.
Wanda Marshall
Wanda Marshall
quotePosted at 23:55 on 23rd April 2008
  I watch Corry because it has a big following in Canada, I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about, it is not the worst show I have ever watched.  Some of the shows we get here are pretty bad.  All in all Corry is a soap opera, but I find it quite funny at times, especially trying to figure out what some of the characters are saying!!  I was told the accent was heavy in Glouchestershire, but I  could understand what everyone was saying just fine., I think this Manchester accent is a lot stronger.  It was funny when I was in England the Austrialian's on our tour  told us (my sister and I that we talked funny). They said we had very strong accents - I really just thought they talked funny.  I was quite surprised on Christmas day when they called just to say Merry Christmas and hey ! you Canadians talk funny - it made my day.  So Corry is a study of language, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Ha!! Ha!!Wink
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 00:23 on 24th April 2008

I say each to his own, and if Wanda and Meg like Corry, that just great. I like to watch Trauma in the ER, and The First 48, I know folks who wouldn't watch them if they were the last programs on the telly, and that's fine too.

So Wanda and Meg, you go ahead and enjoy your Corri.

Wanda Marshall
Wanda Marshall
quotePosted at 11:55 on 24th April 2008
On 24th April 2008 00:23, Sue Herrera wrote:

I say each to his own, and if Wanda and Meg like Corry, that just great. I like to watch Trauma in the ER, and The First 48, I know folks who wouldn't watch them if they were the last programs on the telly, and that's fine too.

So Wanda and Meg, you go ahead and enjoy your Corri.

Thank you, Sue - I don't think I could sit through another Survivor, Big Brother etc.  I do loath reality shows.  I am also not fond of violence or medical shows - I worked in a hospital for 30 years, I have had my fill of that stuff.  I watch the Travel Channel, History International or just History Channel with a smattering of mindless entertainment like Corrie.  I just can't wait for Canadian Idol to come on again, NOT, how so many people can make such fools of themselves is beyond me, the last show might be alright but most of these people  couldn't carry a note to the store.  Ha!! HA!! 

1 2 3 4 Next >