Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What's your weather like today? 2

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
Posted at 16:53 on 26th December 2009
On 20th December 2009 09:38, Ron Brind wrote:
Blue sky from pillar to post and the sun shining! Very cold, ice on the roads but we can cope with this!! (Sorry Ruth) beautiful England!!! Lol

Don't apologize, Ron.  You're only stating the facts.  Smile

We actually had a "white roofed" Christmas.  We had frost Christmas Eve and all the roofs in the neighborhood were frosted white yesterday morning, and sparkling in the sun, although it didn't take too long for it to disappear once the sun hit it.  I guess that's the whitest Christmas I've seen in the 27 years I've lived here.

Today we have blue sky pillar to post and sunny skies.  Forecast is for low 60's this afternoon.  It was 37°F on my patio this morning.

As for the rest of the USA, you wouldn't want to be traveling across the northern tier yesterday or today.  They had a major blizzard that closed every mile of ALL the interstate highways in Minnesota and the Dakotas.  Even the snowplows got stuck, and many people spent Christmas trapped in their cars.  They are expecting more of the same today.

Another reason I live in the sunny southwest.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
Posted at 19:05 on 26th December 2009
Rain and warmer temps today are rapidly melting the snow. Now comes the mud!  Laughing
Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
Posted at 01:52 on 27th December 2009

Central Michigan--snowing like hell right now--monster storm coming in, probably 8-12 in. by morning. Lots of food and libations, so no worries! 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:52 on 27th December 2009
Blue sky, slight wind and no rain here in Oxford but just north of Birmingham it appears to be very cold. Further up north (Scotland) -10c has been forecast. Brrr, thats chilly!
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
Posted at 15:59 on 27th December 2009

BEAUTIFUL here today!!!! Blue skys and around low 60's! wished it would stay this way but who knows tomorrow it could be 100.;)

Kahu
Kahu
Posted at 03:29 on 30th December 2009
Well we were going along nicely ..... beautiful Christmas Day, clear, warm, calm ....... just what Christmas should be. Now we've a blast straight up from antarctica and now its snowing heavily in the alps down south! That'll help the glaciers to advance further next year!
Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 14:58 on 30th December 2009
Snow  , Snow    and more snow  .
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 16:44 on 30th December 2009

Snow joke eh Sue?

Here in Oxford it's cold, wet with sleet or rain, more snow on the way and approaching a New Year. That means the days are already getting longer, even though we perhaps don't notice it just yet. Yippeeeeee, summer is coming!

Beth Austin
Beth Austin
Posted at 20:35 on 31st December 2009
We started with cloudy but dry weather, then the sun came up...lol....the rest of the day has been everything except warm. We had rain, sleet, hail, snow, sunshine, clouds, wind, deepfreeze cold and now its rain, snow and sleet...its 8:30pm at this time..in South Shields. Tomorrow will be better....the sun will come up and we can see what was deposited overnight...lol....COME ON SPRING!
Beth Austin
Beth Austin
Posted at 20:38 on 31st December 2009
OH Wait! I forgot the 'Tropical Sea Breezes!....oops...my mistake...those were in my dreams...LOL.....