Exploring beautiful England with pictures and history...
Please login or click here to join.
Forgot Password? Click Here
Information | Pictures (17) | Accommodation | Add town to favourites
Beverley Minster possessed two bells in 1050. Four bells were installed in 1366, three of which are still in use in the Minster after having been recast. In the south-west tower there is a bell weighing over 7 tonnes and which is over 7 feet in diameter. It is a non-swinging bourdon bell called Great John, which chimes the hour and dates from 1901.