After the Protestant Reformation of 1560 brought monastic life to an end, the island continued to serve in the defence of the country right up to the Second World War. In 1795, during the Napoleonic Wars, a gun battery was installed when the French threatened to invade. In the first half of the 20th century, the island was heavily fortified to help defend Edinburgh, Rosyth Naval Base and the Forth Bridge.
Camera Make: SONY Model: DSC-W200
Exposure Program: Program, Focal length: 7.6 mm, ISO: 400, Exposure time: 1/1000 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Date/Time Creation: June 25, 2012, 2:27 am
ImageID:1183298, Image size: 2048 x 1536 pixels
Lovely set of pics Victor, we have yet to visit there,
Please login to make a comment on this picture