Inchcolm means 'Columba’s Isle', though the 'Iona of the East' has no known link with St Columba. The island is dominated by its dramatically located Abbey complex, comprising the best-preserved group of monastic buildings in Scotland. The Augustinian canons settled here in the early 12th century, enjoying the island’s isolation and tranquillity. However, its location in the Firth of Forth also made it a target for naval raids from the 14th to the mid-16th century. The brethren increasingly spent more time ashore in Fife.More pictures of St. Colm's Abbey, Inchcolm by Victor Naumenko...
This picture also appears in the following picture tour:
Camera Make: SONY Model: DSC-W200
Exposure Program: Program, Focal length: 7.6 mm, ISO: 125, Exposure time: 1/1000 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Date/Time Creation: June 25, 2012, 3:05 am
ImageID:1183297, Image size: 2048 x 1536 pixels
Brilliant set Victor complimented by excellent narrative.
Very good set of pictures Victor.
A good setting with interesting history
Nice set of pictures
Please login to make a comment on this picture