Priory Church of St Mary and St Michael, Great Malvern
The current building was built in the Perpendicular style in the mid 15th century but incorporates Norman Romanesque columns along the nave dating from around 1085. The priory stood in disrepair after the Dissolution by Henry VIII but the church was saved by the people of Malvern. Led by John Pope, they petitioned the Crown and succeeded in buying the Priory for £20, to be paid in two annual instalments of £10. Extensive renovations were carried out under the direction of Sir George Gilbert Scott in the 19th century.