Church of the Sacred Heart and St Catherine of Alexandria in Droitwich
The famous mosaics in the Church of the Sacred Heart and St Catherine of Alexandria in Droitwich were designed by Gabriel Pippet and made by Maurice Josey. Begun in 1921, the work took 12 years to complete. Eight and a half tons of glass tiles were imported from Venice for the purpose. Pippet travelled to Ravenna to study the mosaics there before undertaking the brief. This viewpoint is looking towards the west nave.