in the county of Cheshire
in the county of South Yorkshire
in the county of Warwickshire
a Historic Market Town in the county of Gloucestershire
A Visit to Eden Camp
Exploring the English Village Churchyard
Please login or click here to join.
Forgot Password? Click Here
You are not logged in.
Not registered yet? Click here to join!
Camera Make: Canon Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT Exposure Program: Program, Focal length: 47 mm, Aperture: f 6.3, ISO: 800, Exposure time: 1/80 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: 0 EVDate/Time Creation: July 21, 2008, 12:10 pm ImageID:1186445, Image size: 2170 x 3181 pixels
Restricted free use Wallpaper Background Image
restricted free use Wallpaper
Please login to make a comment on this picture
Beverley Minster possessed two bells in 1050. Four bells were installed in 1366, three of which are still in use in the Minster after having been recast. In the south-west tower there is a bell weighing over 7 tonnes and which is over 7 feet in diameter. It is a non-swinging bourdon bell called Great John, which chimes the hour and dates from 1901.