The Council House was officially opened on 17th April 1956 by the Queen Elizabeth II. It was designed by E.V Harris and construction began in 1935. The shell of the building was almost complete when WWII commenced. During the war it was used as a restaurant.
This picture also appears in the following picture tour:
Camera Make: SONY Model: DSC-W200
Exposure Program: Program, Focal length: 7.6 mm, ISO: 400, Exposure time: 1/1000 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Date/Time Creation: February 15, 2009, 10:33 pm
ImageID:1159871, Image size: 2048 x 1536 pixels
Please login to make a comment on this picture