The church is Grade 1 listed and is situated within the Eastnor Conservation Area and the Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Historic England dates this church as 12th century, altered in the 13th and 15th century, with the tower re-modelled in the 14th century. The first parson that we know of is William Willelmus, presbyter Estenovere, who witnessed a charter dated October 1140 and 1148. It was rebuilt in 1851-2 by Sir George Gilbert Scott. The external corbels are sculpted as interesting heads, possibly caricatures of the masons.