A ten-minute walk from Witchampton village centre, is The Mill House on the River Allen. This modern deleopment on the site of the origanal mill retains the old sluice gates which remain in control of the mill race. At the time of the Domesday Survey in 1085 Witchampton had two grist or flour mills. These mills continued to exist in one form or another until the 20th century.
Camera Make: Canon Model: Canon EOS 300D DIGITAL Focal length: 28 mm, Aperture: f 5.6, ISO: 100, Exposure time: 1/60 sec, Metering Mode: Multi-Segment, Exposure Bias: 0 EV Date/Time Creation: July 15, 2011, 4:21 am ImageID:1138277, Image size: 3072 x 2048 pixels