Gawsworth New Hall is designated by English Heritage as a Grade II listed building. The house was begun by Lord Mohun in 1707 but abandoned after he was killed in a duel with the Duke of Hamilton in 1712. Later additions and alterations were made including those to the designs of Sir Hubert Worthington in 1914. It is built in red brick with a stone slate roof. It has two storeys and attic with an E-shaped plan. The garden front has 16 bays.