Derby

in the county of Derbyshire

Buttermere Cottage

Buttermere

in the county of Cumbria

Oldway Mansion and parterre.

Paignton

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "57"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:24 on 10th September 2014
Not long left now James, we travel home on Friday. I can't see us getting weather like this next time we're down here in October and November.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:00 on 10th September 2014
WOW you dont half gad about you twoSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:13 on 10th September 2014
I know James, we do tend to get about a bit. It all started in 1998 when I won a holiday to Australia, we've been gadding ever since.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:06 on 10th September 2014

Good monring everyone. I went to the" urgent care" facilty over by my house yesterday afternoon...an nice oreintal doctor changed all mymedications. He said they were not enough.. and not the right kind.He felt that was my major problem and should solve some of the others as well. I had been taking an quick release diabetes medication, an dhe put me on slow release twice a day..the other was once an day in the morning. He also handed me over an Harvard Medical School low-gycemic diet to look at for better food choices to cut down the carbyhydrates easier. It says nothing over 55 index count at one time....so I slept in until about 10 am this morning and just finished my four mile walk and had an green bean/mushroom/small tomato and fat-reduced cheese plus "egg product" omelet for lunch an sipping on Lipton diet Berry green tea. I bought me an new winter coast yesterday and it's two sizes smaller then what I was wearing...I could use another 5 pounds off to make it looser,,but it fits. Nice Fabric dress coat also. Plus go tme some more books to read..started last night with Raymond Khoury "Thelast Templar" ..I do have one problem..I can't seem to get an working phone number to my medicare provider...Health Care.net. I can't access them by computer because I don' thave an viable email addy. All the numbers on the back of my medicare card were phone numbers they had changed apparently or were not working, I even went through Directory Assistant with no luck.  Just wait until some day the grid goes down...and we just got hit with 4.5 solar flare thatis earth bound. on Sept 11th, it should hit us...they said toward the northeast of earth...at that time. I guess I go, wind out here, but it's now autumn..wind is common here then..light east winds....it's already burnt everything weeks ago you know. I guess just all that's left is the leaves dropping...that they are doing also. Talk later on.

I don' t feel so "stir crazy" with high's and low's in the blood glucose today also...so maybe things are better.  

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:50 on 10th September 2014
Lets hope the new GP does the business for you Shirley.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 22:38 on 10th September 2014
I don't take any prescription drugs, but I do wonder how many people are taking the wrong stuff or stuff they don't need. I was worried about my mum a few years ago, she was on quite a cocktail of medication and every so often her lips and mouth started to swell. Her GP did not know why ? We were at the vets one day with her dog when the swelling started, immediately the vet identified it as a build up of two of the drugs she was taking reacting with each other causing an allergic reaction. To cut a long story short, she got a new GP, he went through all her drugs, cut a load of them out, lowered the doses of others, two years later, not another allergic reaction since.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:41 on 11th September 2014

Our Diana Sinclair sent me an email saying hackers are in facebook adding insulting and abusive comments to your friends from your account. Like Diana, I say if you get such an email that is supposedly from me, it's not!

I absolutely detest the facebook site anyway, but unfortunately for business alone, it's part of life. It's a difficult site to navigate in my opinion, but the kids seem to work it out. Makes you wonder what is going through the minds of those who perpetrate such acts doesn't it, what do they achieve, nothing! All they actually do is cause problems for friends and family alike!

Hi to all POEsters, have a great fb free day!

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 10:46 on 11th September 2014

Morning everyone Smile

Facebook, I've never been anywhere near it, nor will I ever. It's an awful place. Our eldest daughters friend was beaten to death in her own flat because of a comment made on Facebook, I know of at least four other serious incidents in our area alone, all caused by pictures or comments left on there. Unless you have to use it I'd avoid it like the plague. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:01 on 11th September 2014

Good Morning to all who are knocking about--another nice day  just come in for lanch having been putside since 8-30 bagging garden rubbish---its surprising how much there is.

r/e Facebook i have never used it  and never will -not for me.Smile

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:10 on 11th September 2014
Good Evening to all--not many around to-nightSmile