Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Albans

St Albans

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "57"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:59 on 7th September 2014
Good Afternoon to all --been a bit busy outside--all done now.Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:49 on 7th September 2014
Evening everyone. It's been a lovely day here, I managed to get a good  look around the lifeboat this afternoon, I've also handed over a collection box which I brought down from one of our local pubs which was full of change, now I've got a new one to take back with me.
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 20:51 on 7th September 2014

Well done Ruth, one of the most worthy causes to donate to, ( even the Rule has one of their boxes on the bar ). I am glad you have had a good day at Padstow and I bet the crew were glad of the " box " from the North. 

I hope Dave has had as good a day and seen the two Lancasters, if he has I am sure we will see the results soon. 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 20:59 on 7th September 2014
  Sorry to hear that John, we had a grey start but was on a few jobs then anyway, after that a quick trip to Hobbycraft and back in time for a bike ride in bright sunshine to Isle of Wight, pic maybe to follow later.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 21:01 on 7th September 2014

The crew were very grateful Vince, they'll be even more grateful when I've collected up the change that fell out of the thing on the way down here. The bung in the bottom broke when we were on the M5, all of a sudden we could hear change jingling in the back. The car is so packed up the cash I couldn't reach will have to wait until we get home, then I can put it in the new box before we take it to the pub.

Sorry to hear that you weather is iffy John. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:01 on 7th September 2014
Evening folks --it seems all have had a good daySmile
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 21:05 on 7th September 2014
Foggy and misty start but sun broke through mid morning at Ludborough. We were lucky and both of the Lancasters came over appr 1545 and did 2 passes.  Photos not brilliant but you can't expect miracles pointing a camera into the sky !!! Set the camera to follow focus, spot meter and continuous shutter so got 50 or 60 to look at but they are all in silhouette. John has already suggested to me that I should have put camera in 'movie' mode and got the sound as well ... Something might follow, have a proper look tomorrow. The 40's day at the railway was not brilliant but it is only a small railway with one narrow platform which makes candids very diccifult. So roll on NYMR at Goathland or Grosmont early October much bigger sites
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:11 on 7th September 2014
Its the annual steam fair not too far from me "widnes" in a couple of weeks the usual Tractors,Wagons,Steam Engines --a good day out really and a good pub nearby --worth a visit.Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 22:49 on 7th September 2014

By the weight I gained, you would of thought I ate the plate along with the food yesterday Ron. I will be days eating less then 150 caloriesper meal...I'll be glad to see hubby back to work....we never hardly got out of the driveway before he started in on me, and I yelled back at himto leave me alone. I'ts an person's prorogitive to say what they think.

Just got back from the kids house where I re-did sissy bedroom over.She wanted turquiose/lime green and she got some of it. Mostly turquiose with beige/white and an bit of lime green here and there all over the room....pattern is an leaf one, on the carpeting, embroidered in the bed comforter, and kind of on the wall decor that has the word "family" and it's an big picture holder, with scouces on each side, the votive candles in them have the words laugh, live, and love in frosted etching...it's got kind of vines around the edge of it. Rest was done in candles. Fuzzy  blankets also to snuggle up in. It's her Christmas present, can't afford any more. Kind of toned down, but as I told heryour in your latter years of high school now...don't need the kiddie stuff so much. She can still mix and match with her old bedding also.

I didn't sleep much last night..so think I'll go lay down an bit and then get up and do an 2 mile walk...it's not as hot, but still far from cool here right now...it is just so dirty and dusty and stagnent...we need an really good rain. Clear things out. Talk later on.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:21 on 8th September 2014
Good Morning to all who are aroundSmile