Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Michael's Church

Camden Town

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "57"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:15 on 16th September 2014
Its just the effort of getting ready  when you have been in your scruff all daySmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:24 on 16th September 2014
It stinks and it stings John, but it's a good way of clearing things up. Apparently the Australian army issued it to soldiers before the discovery of penicillin and antibiotics.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:01 on 17th September 2014
Good Afternoon -been out for the morning making the most of the warm weatherbeen to SouthportSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 14:28 on 17th September 2014
Afternoon everyone, been a bit busy today taking mother round to do all her bits and bobs. Not a bad day here. John you need to get a mossy net that goes over a hat. You'll look a right fool but if it's only being worn in the garden no one will notice. Or you could get a hat with corks on Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 14:36 on 17th September 2014
Vince, John I must thank you both for the information you posted on my picture of the airplane which flew over my head yesterday. It's greatly appreciated, they fly over quite a lot and now I know what they are. They usually come in twos but yesterday that one was all alone, shame because I would have been prepared for the second one but it never came.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:42 on 17th September 2014
Yes we did John --a little stroll down the prom then to our usual fish and chip  restraunt --then home at 1-30pm--afternoon RuthWink
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:02 on 17th September 2014

Afternoon James Smile

Yes I'd do that John, that's what there're there for, if you don't ask you won't know. You might ask your cousin for the mossy hat nets too, that's where we got ours, out at Ayres Rock. I conveniently lost mine on the flight to Perth Smile

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 16:30 on 17th September 2014

Good morning!...I'm thinking about walking today. They don' t have that fire contained as of yet...wish we had some rain. Getting ready to evacuate 168 homes otherwise. Up near Seattle has an 4.0 quake this morning. I just can't take another 90 degree day outside..and they say here in an couple of days...the air is so dirty. Breathing in the smoke asI walk, I have chest pains now...as if I was on the fire lane fighting it myself. Hurts my lungs. I'm still working on HOlloween, I have an lot of it missing somewhere. So I have to buy it all back when that happens I guess you know..up goes the credit cards. Not good, owe ot much as it is.

I was looking at reddit.com last night and someone posted this picture of these cookies and they look good. Crown Royal Whiskey cookies...

1/2 cup  butter...1 1/2 cups sugar...1/2 cup of cocoa powder...1 tsp vanilla..2 eggs...1/2 cup Crown royal Whiskey...1/2 tsp baking soda..1/2 tsp of salt...2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour. Preheat to oven to 375 F. degrees. Cream the butter, cocoa powder and sugar.  On low speed, add one egg at a time. Add vanilla, mix in the RC Wiskey..add the flour and baking soda and salt till all combined. Roll into 1 Tablespoon sized balls and place  2 inches apart on an cookie sheet.Bake for 12 minutes then cool on an rack. They will spread out flat as they bake.  Now I thought with the holidays coming up maybe some good "eggnog" might go well with them also...as somethng different.  I see Campbell's soup just came out with some new soup varities..one of them is Beer-Cheese Soup. I could also see the cookies going well with small fruit tarts also. 

James I took an brief look at Meade yesterday, he was one of 11 kids born in Barbadoes...has an extensive miltary history, but has an geneaolgy of family dying at age 20 for some reason, several of them...maybe they contracted malaria at some time in Barbadoes and never recovered completely..or something happened in that time period of the war era.  People gave his widow an house to live in after he died..there are numerous things named after him...in towns and monuments to his name. 

I found some ink pens yesterday..looking like clear colored straws with tops to them in stars, hearts, trees, in various colors I thought I'd maybe send up to Judy for her tree or her daughter Samatha can make an small tree for herself also in her room...hang them on that. But still looking for low cost decorations. Well, I have cup cakes to make to day, and have to go to the store before hand for milk and eggs...so I better get going.  Take them to the grandkids tonight or else have thier mother freeze them for later on. Have an good day!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:21 on 17th September 2014
Good Evening to all----yes Shirley a very interesting man.Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:52 on 17th September 2014
Good Evening to you John-hows the scratting going onSmile??