Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Chilham Church

Chilham

a Picturesque Village in the county of Kent

West Quay, Newhaven, East Sussex

Newhaven

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The 'POE List' for Service Comments, Good or Bad!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:48 on 26th September 2012

I'm not sure that it belongs here but I was absolutely delighted that a Judge has shown some good old common sense and imprisoned two burglars who were shot by the houseowner when they entered his property, and the Judge didn't allow leniency of the sentence for the fact that they sustained injuries.  He said it was a chance they took when the broke in!!

Yippee - someone showing some sense at last!! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:20 on 27th September 2012
Consider this a review of two Indian Software Companies who are registered with STPI (Software Technology Parks of India). After I made contact with STPI they didn't even bother to respond.

I believe the following are related somehow - writing Software, IT Development and known as RK Futuretech and RLogical.com

Don't even bother to search for them to see what they are about because in my opinion they are simply expensive and rubbish developers.

Speaking from personal experience you should avoid them like the plaque! They agreed to do a job for me that was supposed to take 30 days (documented in Freelancer) but it was completed privately thus outside of that concern (a lesson to be learned) and was to cost less than a thousand pounds. In reality they were still taking money from me 18 months later, always with a plausible excuse and by now the cost had soared to beyond two thousand pounds and it was far from finished.

It didn't work, and would never have worked according to the Company that replaced them!!

I dumped RK Futuretech and RLogical.com and am in the process of pursuing them for a refund of my money.

Don't get caught out, check the 'POE List' for opinions, good or bad!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:28 on 27th September 2012

The Coach & Horses at Chiselhampton, Oxfordshire. Nice place, nice selection of beers, good food.

From personal experience, well worth a visit!

See http://www.coachhorsesinn.co.uk/

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 11:12 on 27th September 2012

The Golden Rule, Ambleside.....great beer, great conversation, no music, no tv........A PROPER PUB ! ! ! !    10 / 10

The Unicorn Ambleside......near the 'Rule'   Great beers and excellent steaks and trout served between 7 - 9 pm

Both absolute musts for a visit if you are in the area

Royal Oak and White Lion both good freindly pubs, but have TV's and similar

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:05 on 29th October 2012

Ascendit Lifts of Horley Surrey.   A GOOD report.

Today my daughter's stair lift decided to throw a wobbly and something within the workings broke ! This was after lunchtime, she is downstairs and our only bathroom is upstairs. Ascendit were phoned and there was no engineer in our area ( East London I think he was ) by 4:30 he was working on the stair lift and it was up and running ( scuse the pun ) by around 5:00.   Well done Ascendit and THANK YOU VERY MUCH  !!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 23:46 on 29th October 2012

Well done Ascendit.

We at POE appreciate and support good service, thank you!

quote | editPosted at 21:29 on 1st November 2012

Some time ago I said in another thread how Comet refused to repair a product under warranty, they told me to go away and phone the importer.

This morning I was delighted to see that they are going in to administration, they are finished !!!!!!

I sent them an email saying they are getting what they deserve.  Its bad for their creditors of course.

Perhaps the horrors of the economic problems and Cameron will give one little ray of sunshine :

people will be careful with their money and support decent caring shops who act with integrity and decency, whilst the likes of Comet will go under.

If the directors can learn how to say "do you want fries with that ?" they could ask for a Macjob.  I would not employ them to shovel dung in a manure factory. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:02 on 22nd December 2012

A thank you goes to:

Ahmeys Midnight Pharmacy 150 Oxford Road, Cowley, Oxford OX4 2EA. Telephone 01865 770 121 who tried desperately to find a medication (Oseltamivir 30mg - which Mr Ahmed identified as Tamiflu) for our 7 year old grandson Ollie. Despite failing to find it Mr Ahmed had an army of people looking for it, thank you to all concerned!

The reality is that despite the GP prescribing the medication for Ollie earlier in the evening, it was nowhere to be found in Oxfordshire Pharmacies last night, and the earliest it would be available would be Monday next!

In desperation I called 111 (NHS) and they said to take him to the John Radcliffe Hospital A&E Department (JR2) and then the Paediatrics Department where having seen him he was immediately prescribed Steroids and enough Tamiflu for 3 days. Sincere thanks to the NHS Staff here also. Our dear little Ollie is responding very slowly to treatment, but there were signs of progress this afternoon when I saw him.

So why am I writing this instead of Chris and Sarah you may ask. Answer, they have no internet connection for at least another week thanks to VIRGIN who have let them down badly! So a BLACK mark for Virgin who pester the life out of us to change providers, almost on a weekly basis. So VIRGIN - A VERY BAD SERVICE and I hope this review hits you where it hurts!

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 19:57 on 24th December 2012

Glad to hear Ollie got his medicine and hope he's soon on the mend.

I went to John Lewis Partnership in Newbury today to buy an Apple or Samsung tablet for my daughter. After looking at their products on display, I noticed their sales staff nearby chatting away with each other. They wandered off around their display cabinets without a single one bothering to ask if they could be of assistance? I walked out the store and returned a bit later.

Still browsing what they had as last time, sales staff were yet again chatting away with each other with no interest they might have a customer who wanted to buy something. After waiting for 10 mins for any one of them to have the initiative to come over, none of them did so I walked out of the store. If they weren't interested in my business, neither was I, and went across town to Tescos who were happy to sell me a Galaxy Tab 2.  JLP advertise they won't be beaten on service---errrr--- what service??? Sales people ? Order takers seems more like it if you wish to go off to find them and interrupt their chats.

Perhaps a reply to an email I sent them might shed some light on their shop floor sales staff's policy towards customers--assuming they realise they have some a few feet away. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:24th December 2012 20:22
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 13:55 on 27th December 2012
Update to above---John Lewis replied early this AM apologising for their Partners disappointing performance on the shop floor; will be having words and looking at their training, and hope that in future, shopping at John Lewis I should expect the service they aim to provide their customers.