Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Greenstead Church, said to be the world's oldest wooden building, in Greenstead, England

Greenstead

in the county of Essex

Nayland, Suffolk

Nayland

in the county of Suffolk

Holy Trinity Church West window

Coventry

in the county of West Midlands

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The 'POE List' for Service Comments, Good or Bad!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:35 on 11th April 2014

The Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital in Headington (NOC) has to be mentioned here for the fantastic service provided with regard to my total knee replacement. It hurt, but it's getting better!

Everybody from the guy who did the surgery; Mr Jackson to the ward staff and in particular Sam and Jess in the NOC physiotherapy department who got me mobile again after what can only be described as a traumatic post-operative period.

I was discharged last week in clinic by Sam (also physio) and told by Jess the physio sorting me out today that 'she didn't want to see me again' (typical, just as things were beginning to develop) but hey, that's women for you! lol

Joking aside...thank you to everybody at the NOC in Headington, a fantastic Hospital for sure, but another special mention for Sam and Jess.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:28 on 11th April 2014
Three cheers for the Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital, glad to hear all went so well for you Ron, and that they don't want to see you again, I don't think it's anything personal Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:39 on 11th April 2014

Now for bad service - the DVLA Yell

On the 10th March I removed the tax disc from the old car that had conked. I downloaded, filled in and returned to the V14 form with the tax disc attached. The vehicle had been taxed at the end of February, so I would have been expecting 11 full months tax refund. The motor trader who bought the vehicle returned the V5C from the registration document to me, all filled in, I signed it and returned it the the DVLA in a separate envelope.

Then I waited, and waited. Today I get a letter from the DVLA telling me they can't process my refund as they don't have the documentation stating why the vehicle no longer requires a tax disc, and can I please send to the the V5C form, returning it with their letter with a signature from me. The refund will then be based on the date they receive and process the documents.

Well I don't have the V5C, they do, as far as I'm aware there was only one vehicle with that particular registration number, so why haven't the documents be married up. Looks like they are going to steal at least a couple of months worth of refund that was due to me. I notice they are very quick to take your money when the tax is due Grrrrhhhh. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:31 on 12th April 2014

Don't let them away with it Ruth...keep at em!

As for me and the knee well it's a huge improvement, still have pain in both legs from osteoarthritis and I still have the dercums to deal with so not out of pain, never will be.

The best I can hope for is that the pharmaceuutical companies never go bust!

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:41 on 12th April 2014
I ended up ringing them Ron, they've now finally got the two bits of paper together, so the refund will now be the full 11 months, victory I think Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:01 on 20th May 2014

A friend parked her car in Temple Street, Aylesbury, Bucks a couple of weeks ago. There were no yellow lines and no white lines on the road depicting a Loading Bay area, although two posts about 30 yards apart said the area was a Loading Bay and therefore parking was prohibited. One assumed therefore that parking the other side of the two posts was okay.

In fact she parked 75 yards away from the two 'Loading Bay Posts' anyway (remember there is nothing on the road to suggest restrictions were in place) and yes, you guessed it a Parking Warden or CEO (Civil Enforcement Officer) issued a Penalty Charge Notice costing £75 or £35 if paid within a couple of weeks I think it was.

I actually wrote to Bucks County Council on her behalf and to cut a long story short they waived the Penalty Notice Charge without explaining a thing about the lack of lines on the road, or posts with parking details attached.

Bucks County Council and/or the Company responsible for parking enforcement should be ashamed of themselves, because it appears they are issuing these Penalty Charge Notices in areas where they cannot enforce them in Court, which is what I threatened them with, having taken relevant photographs at the time.

In other words if you are foolish enough to pay up, they will take your money! What a disgrace, so a big thumbs down for Bucks County Council and/or the Parking Company responsible for that area.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:01 on 17th July 2014
All Asda want is your money and frankly I don't think they care about anything else whatsoever!

Shame on you Asda but fear not, many people will now be made aware of the offending brilliant white posts and your lack of consideration thus far.

See the thread in this forum titled: Asda Fuel Stations - Watch Out!

SHAME ON YOU ASDA! 
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:15 on 17th July 2014

And yet another Insurance claim that won't be paid out because "It was an act of God". Don't insurance companies try to wriggle out of just about everything? Time will come when nobody buys insurance.

This time RSA Insurance. A year ago I was driving through a country lane in Oxfordshire. A large vehicle was approaching me and so I got in as close as I could to the grass verge, but didn't see a piece of timber covered in Ivy that had fallen from a tree and was overhanging the road by about six inches. It took my nearside mirror off completely.

I duly reported it to the Police and Oxfordshire Highways who promptly had a guy out with a chain saw to remove the offending timber. I claimed on my insurance and it cost £75 which I expected to get back as a 'no fault accident'.

However, a year later I accuse RSA Insurance of being negligent and lazy in not pursuing the third party, in this case Oxfordshire Highways. RSA Insurance claimed yesterday that it was 'an act of God' and so I would not be getting my money and neither would they be pursuing Oxfordshire Highways. I now also have record of my 'accident' on file.

SHAME ON YOU RSA INSURANCE

(Maybe I need to go to Specsavers!)

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:40 on 18th July 2014

Asda again I'm afraid.

Their carrier bags stink like you wouldn't believe. Is it a ploy to get us to stop using them, or did the manufacturer drop a dead rat or two into the mix? Honestly, you won't want to keep them in your cupboard!

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 23:01 on 18th July 2014
On 18th July 2014 13:40, Ron Brind wrote:

Asda again I'm afraid.

Their carrier bags stink like you wouldn't believe. Is it a ploy to get us to stop using them, or did the manufacturer drop a dead rat or two into the mix? Honestly, you won't want to keep them in your cupboard!

If ASDA bags stink as badly as you say, Ron, they can be used as bin-liners. At least I assume the bags are still free, unlike W.H. Smith and Marks & Spencer, who charge, even though it is not yet a legal requirement to do so. I refuse to pay for bags at these two stores, and if necessary will carry the goods unwrapped as I walk around the store. Surely the refusal of the store to wrap the goods makes it easier to shoplift, although this would never cross my mind.

Up to now, I have not been challenged putting items in my pockets after paying. P.S. I am not a shoplifter