Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Lulworth Cove, Dorset.

West Lulworth

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The 'POE List' for Service Comments, Good or Bad!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 23:01 on 8th February 2013

Ruth, it can be a bit fiddly getting the link to work, but this is what I do. First you need to type the heading text of whatever you want to link to e.g. BBC , then you need to select this text (by holding down the left mouse button while dragging the cursor over the text, which should then turn blue). This will then activate the Insert/Edit Link button (the linked chain symbol) on the toolbar at the bottom of the message box. Click the chain symbol and a dialogue box will then appear where you can paste the Link URL  into the box. e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk

Then press Insert in the dialogue box and hey presto, your link should work. You can test that it works in the Preview view before posting.

Edited by: Edward Lever at:8th February 2013 23:18
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:02 on 9th February 2013

Hi Ruth.

Edward has explained how to do this above, but I have already done it for you. Sorry I missed the post - that said it might be a good idea to try another such link. Having done it once, you will see just how easy it is.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 13:02 on 9th February 2013
I must thank  spec-savers in Southport - my lens came out of the frame on my reading specs so i called in as i was in the area i had never been in before -i asked the chap if it could be fixed--no problem he said after 5 minutes i came out job done ,cleaned and even a new case --well done that young chap.Smile
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 13:22 on 9th February 2013
I also found Specsavers to be very helpful in a similar situation. I remember a while ago, the nose pad came off my specs when I was in Newbury. I had bought the specs from the Reading branch of Specsavers, but the Newbury branch were only too happy to do an instant repair, free of charge. 
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 18:14 on 9th February 2013

Thanks Edward, Ron, it was seeing the 'link' icon greyed out that threw me, I tired a few manual methods which I've used on other forums/sites  but to no avail. I shall give it a go next time I need to put in a link.

http://www.picturesofengland.com/

Edited to add. 

Got it Laughing

It was activating the link icon that was my stumbling block. 

Edited by: rustyruth at:9th February 2013 18:20
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:28 on 18th August 2013

A GOOD Report

Park Cameras , Burgess Hill.

First time visit and was pleased to find staff who knew their products and would spend time with you even though they were working with a staff shortage and the place was pretty busy( that in itself is a good sign). One did not feel pressured even with the place being so busy. I also liked the fact that one could try a lens on your own camera thus getting a better idea , would like to go back again but will have to save up some more before then.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:31 on 18th August 2013
Have dealt with them on phone and online and cannot fault them. Wish they would open a branch up here....
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:56 on 19th August 2013

Has anybody told 'Park Cameras' that they have a good report on POE? Maybe they would like to sponsor the town of Burgess Hill; that's if it isn't already taken.

It's not expensive to advertise on POE and it helps fund the site.

A coincidence that you brought this thread back to life Dave because I have a report on tyres fitted and a bad service afterwards. All will be revealed soon.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 13:40 on 19th August 2013

Much as i would like to take the credit for breathing life into the thread again Ron, I cannot do so, as i was simply confirming the experience Vince alluded to in the post prior to mine

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:42 on 19th August 2013

Ah yes, it was Vince letting off steam!

Have you thought about telling them Vince? Remember, the Wroxton pub 'closure' thread, it has been viewed close to 50,000 times by somebody. Now thats the sort of bonus any business could use, in this case 'Park Cameras'....there, said it again! lol